What disturbs/angers you while driving?

How about cutting you off by passing on the right when you were about to move over to let them pass. I've almost side swiped a couple of people trying to get into the right lane to let them pass and they'd already decided to floor it and pass me on the right. Give me a chance to move over and I'll gladly let you have the left lane, buddy!

Trash and litter at the side of the road. That really bugs me.
That’s surely getting worse as we load up with people from places where that’s the norm.
I worked in a nice part of the Philippines yet they tossed trash everywhere … then paid workers to pick up debris. Watched a guy take a receipt for just a Coke … then walk out the door to let it fly.

Can’t tell you how many Texas plate vehicles, Mississippi and Louisiana plated vehicles I see on highways driving or flying around with no headlights. Or headlights are “off”. Definitely not safe for any motorist around.

Can’t tell you how many Texas plate vehicles, Mississippi and Louisiana plated vehicles I see on highways driving or flying around with no headlights. Or headlights are “off”. Definitely not safe for any motorist around.
This is the new brain-dead craze, and it isn't just in your area...

Well, not a big issue here … but we are up in the NE putting all those folks at risk. Ok.
I have more trouble with aftermarket and factory flame throwers …

Just trying to get a consensus of what bothers/disturbs us while driving. First & foremost for me is people not using there blinkers. Another would be, I live very close to Amish & Mennonite communities -- so I am often behind horse & buggies. People that do not or are afraid to pass a horse & buggy & have a line of cars behind them also disturbs me.

Dale
Drivers that don't know how to drive;
IE; When turning they signal 3' before their turn, always riding the brakes, cutting you off in traffic, all over the road because they're texting, going below the speed limit in the fast lane, riding your a** so close that they can smell your cologne, drivers pulling out in front of you, drivers running red lights, etc., etc., etc.!

People who do not drive like me LOL.

Nervous drivers ( tail gate but won’t pass ) ; drivers who take too long to accelerate to the limit resulting in not enough cars making it through a green light ; drivers who do not anticipate or look far enough ahead; drivers who cannot drive the speed limit ( too slow ).

My top gun award for bad drivers goes to people who clearly want to go faster but will tail gate and not pass ( well, after 10 minutes they might ) even on a multi lane highway. It’s worse at night with their headlights.

Lots of bad drivers out there.

Chaotic drivers
Where I moved more recently, the drivers do not have uniform style and habits. This makes traffic turbulent and unpredictable. Even a short commute feels unnecessary taxing. There is no mechanism that would push drivers to adapt to common driving practices.

Well, not a big issue here … but we are up in the NE putting all those folks at risk. Ok.
I have more trouble with aftermarket and factory flame throwers …
I didn’t single anyone from Texas out. Let’s get that straight right now. I do know that cops are being real vigilant with folks from those states especially when they see super high lifted pickups and other stuff. It almost got my co worker killed as guy rareness himself and almost put him through a guardrail. Cops got the guy

Another annoying thing is when people are turning left at an intersection with a traffic signal and they sit behind the white line until they can go, instead of pulling out into the intersection so the vehicle behind them can also get through on the same green light.

Tail gaters.
Oncoming cars at night, that don't dim their headlights.
Did I mention tail gaters.
Some of the newer vehicles have headlights so bright that even on dim they appear to be on hi beam. I'm not a fan of government regulation, but this super bright headlight issue has gotten out of hand the last few years. Regulations governing headlight brightness need to be issued to vehicle makers and lighting product manufacturers regarding vehicles designed for on road use. The off road aftermarket lighting users........ let the law enforcement agencies start issuing citations for drivers who choose to use such lighting for on road use.

Some of the newer vehicles have headlights so bright that even on dim they appear to be on hi beam. I'm not a fan of government regulation, but this super bright headlight issue has gotten out of hand the last few years. Regulations governing headlight brightness need to be issued to vehicle makers and lighting product manufacturers regarding vehicles designed for on road use. The off road aftermarket lighting users........ let the law enforcement agencies start issuing citations for drivers who choose to use such lighting for on road use.
It isn't so much the headlights as it is the driving lights. For one thing, many of them aren't aimed properly. They should be aimed on the road, not shining in the eyes of oncoming drivers. Secondly, they should turn off when the headlights are on...vehicles don't need that many lights to see, or be seen...

Back