What disturbs/angers you while driving?

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: exranger06
Basically everyone on a sport bike. Always driving recklessly and doing stupid and illegal stuff. Going 100+ mph everywhere, weaving between cars, speeding down the breakdown lane, illegally passing, tailgating, lane-splitting (illegal here), you name it. I can't remember the last time I saw one actually driving like a sane person.

Have you ever ridden a sportbike (or any motorcycle)?

No I haven't. What does that have to do with riders breaking every traffic law in the book?

Just two things:

1. Someone speeding past me, then jumping in front of me to slam on their brakes to turn or exit. Hey Moron, could you not have simply slowed down and merged in behind me?

2. In rush hour traffic, me leaving a gap between me and the car in front of me and an idiot wedging between only to move out into another lane thinking he is actually going somewhere. If everyone would minimize lane changes during rush hour traffic it would flow smoother.

We've had them for a few years now and they still confuse the residents of my community.

The suggested speed is 20, you don't need to go 2.7 MPH in the round about. If I can get my Rav4 or 99 Grand Marquis through the roundabout fastr than your Miata or Vette, you are doing something wrong.

Originally Posted By: newbe46
Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Roundabouts:

1. Drivers entering who do not yield to vehicles already established in the roundabout. I should not have to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting you because you did not yield before entering.

2. Drivers established in the roundabout who come to a complete stop to allow other drivers to enter the roundabout. It's not a 4-way stop!!!!

You are lucky that they are at least travelling at the same direction as you are, i.e. counter clockwise.

Roundabouts are something of a new phenomenon in some neighbourhoods, some people got really confused and go against the traffic flow.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
1. Left lane hoggers
2. Slowing down traffic by driving below speed limit
3. Not using turn signals

You mean the speed limit is a minimum ...

Roundabouts are just circular intersections, corner as needed (drifting optional).

The term "scoogle" is a multi-lane transit to make an off-ramp by cutting you off. It's been known and should be graded on skill, with style points.

I have been signalling left and turning right since cell phones were common. Only way to wake some people up. I claim it's due to my lysdexia ...

Driving a zillion dollar wine grape big rig, I go any speed I want to make sure the berries do not get bruised or upset. You wanna try to push 80,000 lbs plus out of your way, you go right ahead.

The only thing that gets my chops is someone merging onto a freeway who stops at the end of the on-ramp and THEN looks back to see if they can "safely" enter ... Think 80K trying to get up to freeway speed, and seeing the brake lights come on in front of you ...
frown.gif

Last edited:
Tailgaters and distracted drivers (whatever the distraction is) are the worse. Tailgaters don't even realize they are still going the same speed regardless if they are 3 ft or 30 ft behind someone. As someone mentioned earlier, people will even tailgate if there are open lanes to pass. Maybe their depth perception is totally screwed up, but I'd bet it's just plain stupidity.

I had to laugh at the few who said people shouldn't leave any space in front of them. These sound like anxious people who probably tailgate trying to make cars in front of them move faster. If everyone drove with a car space or less in front of them like in a tight NASCAR race, everyone would have to be as alert as a fighter pilot and a very skilled driver. Never going to happen.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Tailgaters and distracted drivers (whatever the distraction is) are the worse. Tailgaters don't even realize they are still going the same speed regardless if they are 3 ft or 30 ft behind someone. As someone mentioned earlier, people will even tailgate if there are open lanes to pass. Maybe their depth perception is torall screwed up, but I'd bet it's just plain stupidity.

I had to laugh at the few who said people shouldn't leave any space in front of them. These sound like anxious people who probably tailgate trying to make cars in front of them move faster. If everyone drove with a car space or less in front of them like in a tight NASCAR race, everyone would have to be as alert as a fighter pilot and a very skilled driver. Never going to happen.

I usually give the tailgaters a few seconds to back themselves up and leave a gap. After a few seconds they will get a brake light test and if they still don't leave a gap, they will get a real brake test.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maxdustington

11. Drivers who wait until the last possible second to exit a closing lane. I learned on this board about the "zipper" merge. I'll let one car in but that is where my responsibility ends. If you want to drive into a lane that is ending and bully your way in go for it, but I will only let one car in.

Or what? Are you going to challenge my dented 30 year old 3/4 ton pick-up? It's about cajones - you wanna go for it ... We'll see who come out on top?

Just like the ocean, it's about tonnage rights. And, to some extent, It's about value rights. I got $1K in this truck, I'm an immigrant w/o a license and I don't care ... You have have $30K and payments. Your family is depending on you and the car ...

Unless my Jefe has me running $100,000 worth of illegal substances, and I was told to not cause attention, I'll drive the way I want and no "Norte" is goinna show me otherwise ...

I assume you have not driven where I live?

Last edited:
I don’t understand the mobile billboards that like to give various companies free advertising.

Here’s one that I’ve experienced numerous times during rush hour.

1) Waiting patiently at the light (red dot) for the intersection to clear.
2) My lane clears and I proceed while still on green.
3) Car in lane to my right (yellow dot) cuts through ahead of me and moves into my lane leaving me stranded in the intersection.

Selfish, unsafe and illegal. Problem is, I bet a lot of drivers think they did nothing wrong.

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Here’s one that I’ve experienced numerous times during rush hour.

1) Waiting patiently at the light (red dot) for the intersection to clear.
2) My lane clears and I proceed while still on green.
3) Car in lane to my right (yellow dot) cuts through ahead of me and moves into my lane leaving me stranded in the intersection.

Selfish, unsafe and illegal. Problem is, I bet a lot of drivers think they did nothing wrong.

I hear you and in this scenario if I see the yellow dot goes, I'll go in front of it. Turn in ever slightly to their lane to make the angle more acute for them so the only way for them to cut in is to crash into me. It is better them stuck in that intersection blocking everyone else than me blocking everyone else.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

1. Someone speeding past me, then jumping in front of me to slam on their brakes to turn or exit.

Death Penalty for that.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Trav
For example if you see an overpass with white lines before it on the road it is for measuring distance between cars, if your tailgating and you are caught your probably walking for a month and paying a stiff fine.

The one time I got a ticket for this on the A7 it blew my mind. A camera got me for following too close.

Of course, I was hard on my brakes to not hit the guy that decided to pull out and pass a truck at 90kph - but the law is the law.

Amazing how they enforce traffic. Just a simple flash and it is what it is. Trade cash for points. The one time I won, a camera was deemed "unfairly placed," that is, it was after the 80kph sign, not before it - so me going 60kph was perfectly legal. Of course, I still had to pay $200-something Euros and take the points while I contested.

Nice how they hide cameras in the orange and white barrels in construction zones and over speed signs on the Autobahn isn't it. sometimes you don't even know you got pinched until you get the letter in the mail.
And if you think about outrunning them, well...These are not stock.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
1) People that won't move left, when I'm entering an interstate, even though the left lane is clear

You do know it's the merging driver's responsibility to adjust his or her speed to merge onto the highway without disrupting traffic flow, right? Even if the left lane is open, that driver is not obligated to move over for mergers...

Originally Posted By: newbe46

I hear you and in this scenario if I see the yellow dot goes, I'll go in front of it. Turn in ever slightly to their lane to make the angle more acute for them so the only way for them to cut in is to crash into me. It is better them stuck in that intersection blocking everyone else than me blocking everyone else.

I'd do the same, however, most of these instances occur when you are caught off guard with Mr. Yellow Dot entering the intersection from behind with momentum.

The intersection below is a major culprit in my area with a deep set back.

Anybody doing anything with a cell phone

Tailgaters

Left lane campers, especially truckers

People who believe they have the right to speed

Driving after dark with no lights on (I see this all the time)

People driving for as long as possible in a lane they know is ending so they can get in front of as many other drivers as possible before forcing their way into the correct lane

People driving their vehicles around for days, or even weeks on a donut spare

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Basically everyone on a sport bike. Always driving recklessly and doing stupid and illegal stuff. Going 100+ mph everywhere, weaving between cars, speeding down the breakdown lane, illegally passing, tailgating, lane-splitting (illegal here), you name it. I can't remember the last time I saw one actually driving like a sane person.

I call these guys donorcyclists. I see them all the time. I guess they think that because their bikes are fast, they have to ride them fast all the time...I can't recall the last time I saw a guy on a sport bike doing the speed limit...

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

1. Someone speeding past me, then jumping in front of me to slam on their brakes to turn or exit.

Death Penalty for that.

This happens to me all the time, and without fail I will look in my rear view mirror and there won't be another car behind me for a long ways...

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
1. Drivers who leave a multi-car length gap in front of them, I am not sure why they do this. It's either they do not want to rear end people while they are at a light on their phone, or they do not want to get smashed into the car in front of them. I remember in driving school they said to leave a large gap and I thought that was stupid as it would essentially cut our road capacity in half if everyone did it. Well, apparently I was the only one who thought so. It's the worst when they block a turn lane or you are trying to merge and they have a two car gap ahead of them that they will not forfeit under any circumstances.
2. Drivers who pull out onto the road in front of you when they should have waited let you pass, only to accelerate slowly or go below the speed limit. They aggressively pull out in front of you, then drive like they are ninety years old.
3. Drivers who do not understand the S-turn when you are making a left at an intersection, and think you are trying to make the turn. I've been honked at for performing a maneuver right out of the driver's handbook.
4. Drivers who will sit in pole position at an intersection and take 3 seconds to realize the light is green because they are trying to coax nudes out of a member of the opposite sex.
5. Drivers doing the speed limit in the left lane.
6. Drivers who are hesitant/indecisive, nothing is more dangerous than that. Commit or don't.
7. Drivers who are slow or lackadaisical on advance lights.
8. Drivers who block intersections because they deserve to get through that light even if they have to block people making lefts or perpendicular traffic to do it. I remember when I was young people were much more disciplined regarding this.
9. Drivers who when honked at for doing something stupid proceed to honk back at you or brake check you.
10. Drivers who are so afraid to get blocked into a driveway that they will block multiple spots and park at the end. I see this all the time on job sites, where asking someone to move their car or truck is very common and not a big deal.
11. Drivers who wait until the last possible second to exit a closing lane. I learned on this board about the "zipper" merge. I'll let one car in but that is where my responsibility ends. If you want to drive into a lane that is ending and bully your way in go for it, but I will only let one car in.
12. Drivers who do the opposite and will unintentionally block you from merging onto the highway before the entry lane ends by sitting in the right lane. Like they have never merged onto the highway before.
13. Drivers who do not go fast enough on the on ramp to the highway. I assume the reason they are so wide and have such soft curves is so almost any car can build enough speed on them to safely merge. I've seen people merging on the highway at like 70 km/h when the speed limit is 100 km/h. I see it all the time, three cars bunched up behind one car going wayyyy to slow, and then all of them trying to merge at once.

When people screw around on the ramp or near merging areas, I hate having to cross the solid lines and make an early merge or risk the lane ending and having to make a drastic move. When I am in the right lane on the highway, I try to maintain a consistent speed or change lanes if I see numerous cars on the ramp preparing to merge onto the highway.

This totally sums it all up for me!!! LOL I think me and this guy are soul brothers!!! Every [censored] idiot on the road seems to be a non-driver and ticks me off anymore!!!

Here in Florida, its nothing but old farts with nothing better to do than hold those of us up that have busy schedules and lives!!!

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
1) People that won't move left, when I'm entering an interstate, even though the left lane is clear

You do know it's the merging driver's responsibility to adjust his or her speed to merge onto the highway without disrupting traffic flow, right? Even if the left lane is open, that driver is not obligated to move over for mergers...

Agreed if you are through traffic you should be in the middle. Also agreed you should be at least 5 MPH ABOVE the slow lane speed entering the interstate. Around here this would be 75,

Me I am usually at 90 so I can hit the middle lane without disruption.

60-65 mph on the highway is like 1947.

This is almost 2020.

You got likely 200HP Use it.

Back