What car is sporting the last cassette deck made?

....sadly lucky to find a CD player nowadays on a new vehicle, let alone a cassette player. Very sad. Gone the way of manual trans. Progress????

My '02 Trailblazer has the Delco CD-Cassette radio.

Which manufacturer had the last AM Stereo radio and when was it discontinued? Of course there are no known AM Stereo broadcasters left.

....sadly lucky to find a CD player nowadays on a new vehicle, let alone a cassette player. Very sad. Gone the way of manual trans. Progress????
Like I said, my Wife's crosstrek has a 6Mt and a CD player - and BT + Andriod Auto !

I think a new corolla 5 door can be optioned with a MT.

There are still plenty of refurbished and cared for "vintage" sports cars out there with a MT, e,.g: Porsche, Triumph, Fiat, Alfa, M-Roadster, TVR, Lotus, Datsun 350Z.

1973 TR-6 low miles, no rust, asking $20K -

TR6.jpg

My Jetta, with only 326,000 miles on it, has both CD and cassette player. I never use the cassette player. New cars have neither. I guess there is something you are supposed to do with your smart phone if you want to listen to music or other noise in remote areas. I have not figured out what that is.

My ‘06 LS430 has one though I’ve never used it.

My 1998 Maxima had one and that got junked this year. I also used that 1x to make sure it worked in March 1998.

My Jetta, with only 326,000 miles on it, has both CD and cassette player. I never use the cassette player. New cars have neither. I guess there is something you are supposed to do with your smart phone if you want to listen to music or other noise in remote areas. I have not figured out what that is.
Assuming you are not being sarcastic :)
Bluetooth now has an improved codec for music which is "CD" quality
So you just wirelessly send music to any Radio that has BT.

If you have an older head unit with an Aux in, you can buy a BT receiver adapter for under 20 bucks that will allow this "modern" connexion.

BT receiver.jpg

I remember the beautiful sound of the cassette tape being eaten inside the player. That strange crinkling sound that you heard just as the music started to sound weird would make you reach for the eject button at superhuman speed. :sneaky:

My TL has one. If memory serves, the thought from Acura at the time was that it would be bought by traveling professionals that tended to listen to a lot of books on tape.

I remember traveling with my dad in the 80's in the summer when school was out. He was an account manager for all the states east of the Mississippi and south of Virginia. We listened to a ton of books on tape.

Back