What are the worst tires you've used?

Had some Uniroyals on 13" rims on my 1988 VW Fox back in the day. When it rained out it was like driving on an ice rink.

Bridgestone tires . ECOPIA 422 for the Yaris 2 door hatch and Potenza RE92 ( O.E.M ) for the '08 Yaris sedan . . Both were horrible in the rain . I think both ( Yaris H.B. a definite ) were replaced with the CONTINENTAL Pro Contact w/ Eco Plus Technology , big difference in performance for both cars .

Last edited:
Cooper Classics have been my worst. Cooper actually took them back and pro rated a refund.

Bridgestone tires . ECOPIA 422 for the Yaris 2 door hatch and Potenza RE92 ( O.E.M ) for the '08 Yaris sedan . . Both were horrible in the rain . I think both ( Yaris H.B. a definite ) were replaced with the CONTINENTAL Pro Contact w/ Eco Plus Technology , big difference in performance for both cars .
Best Bridgestone were the WS60 and WS70 . The 70s' were the better of the 2 . Very good in snow and good on ice . Still prefer snows with studs for grip on ice . Have a driveway close to 35 degree angle . Less slipping with the studded tires when climbing ( sometimes turn off T.C. ) and less sliding down . Tires are COOPER Evolution Winter (T) with studs .

Last edited:
Firestone Radial ATX (31x10.5-15) when the steel belt broke when I had them on my 2000 Dodge Dakota. Hercules All Terrain tires were not that good either.

[QUOTE="I Bridgestone Ecopia OE tires on the CR-V.....utter trash and garbage.
[/QUOTE]
Those were on my 2007 Malibu they were cracking after 10,000 miles.

Michelin HX MXM4 and Goodyear RSA (both terrible in a light sprinkling of snow). Michelin Pilot Exalto (rode like a wet squirrlly noodle).

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. Expensive, not really quieter than the Goodyear Assurances they replaced, horrible grip on the snow, didn’t last that long for their terrible snow grip. Honorable mention for OEM Hankook Dynapros which where fine and lasted very long but they had a weird thing where they didn’t like sudden hot to cold temp swings. In the summer you’d get caught in a thunderstorm and they felt like track tires without warmers for a few miles.

1. Prometer UPV tires - these came on a used Malibu I purchased. They balanced out well and we’re mostly quiet except for a rhythmic hum in the 15k miles I had them. Didn’t wear at all. Were garbage in the rain - even light rains made the car a nightmare. They were just useless in the winter - I couldn’t get out of my own way with TC on in light snow.

2. Prime well Valera - these would hydroplane in any decent amount on rain. Never ran in the snow.

3. Goodyear Integrity - were somewhat fine in light rain the first 15k miles but fell off in wet performance very quickly afterwards. They did ok the first snow season but were terrifying starting with the 2nd season and I switched to snow tires.

The Bridgestone run flats that BMW used as original equipment on my 2013 BMW X5, and which are sold by BMW dealers as replacements. Ride was hard as a rock, and they wore fast. Replaced by Continental non run flats. And BMW put on run flats, notwithstanding the fact that my X5 came from the factory with a spare tire/wheel.

Years ago Michelin, on two different occasions, and two different vehicles, as a result I won't buy them again.

Years ago Michelin, on two different occasions, and two different vehicles, as a result I won't buy them again.
Which michelins? You're one of the lucky few to have bad michelins

Edit: or unlucky few

Which michelins? You're one of the lucky few to have bad michelins

Edit: or unlucky few
I don't recall it was many years ago, I had cord separation on two vehicles. That was the last time for Michelin tires for me.

What are the worst tires you've used? I haven't driven on much other than michelins.
Uniroyal, they last ok but were extremely stiff and noisy with uneven wear.

Despite riding like a ton of bricks the traction wasn’t anything to crow over either.

I’ve had snow tires that road better

Back