Any street tire offer better dry traction than Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ?

Conti ECS02 is my go-to summer performance tire. Just getting some new 235/40/18s at DT this month to replace my current non-02 ECSs that are that wear bars after about 20K miles :ROFLMAO:

SM-10 red center cap.jpg

Only thing I don't like on the new Conti 02's I just bought is there isn't much for curb protection, since they are going on my wife's Camry. It also makes the tire look narrower.

What kind of mods are done to the car to require this level of extreme in the tire department?

Also, I have had some wild experiences with RWD higher hp cars and sexy tires. I remember my LS1 F-body that I had F1GSD3's on. Really good tire for the era, actually. I was getting ready to sell it and threw some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's or some such on it...and insanely, they hooked like nobody's business. It literally wouldn't even chirp them on hard 1-2 shifts anymore. I ran a guy in a Mach 1 (4.6L) and every shift he lost about 1/2 a car to wheelspin while my WS6 just hooked. It was unreal. Cheap trash tire...but man. So what I'm getting at, is that while I normally am a fan of just throwing the applicable Michelin on, maybe hit the mustang specific forums for this. You might find some oddball hidden gem like I did.

ECS 02 is very similar, might be improvement in wear and wet.

S 5 seems like a long wait.

One category above is newly released potenza race, they don't give beat feel until warmed up but they should last longer than very high grip 200tw tires.

I currently have PS4S on my GT500, and I have murdered them at the track. Not a particularly great track tire, but amazing on the street. However my next tire will be the Goodyear Eagle Supercar 3, which all my Mustang buddies have had good success with as a dual purpose street/track tire. The main difference they note is greater dry traction, better steering response, and more resilience to heat (they don't get greasy after a few laps). I have been advised they are not as good in the rain as the PS4S, though not much is.

Fore a pure street tire however, might be overkill. Once bonus is the Goodyear's are cheaper, much cheaper, at least in my tire size.

Back