Favorite budget tire?

Up here, with WM out of the tire business, Canadian Tire-brand tires, when on sale, are the budget tire of choice for most people. I sell truckloads of ‘Certified All Trek’ tires at our store.
Look at cars in Canada; and a LOT of them will have CT tires on them.

This will likely be next tire purchase . CONTINENTAL Ture Contact Tour H-rated . Like the amount of deep sipes and positive reviews . Not so cheap , hoping there will be a rebate starting tomorrow or sometime in April .

IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG

I have a 99 Saab 93 convertible that is only driven for pleasure about 1000 miles per year. When not used its garaged I need new tires as the current tires are over 12 years old. Since it’s just a pleasure car
What is a good budget brand tire?
What weather conditions does the vehicle see and your driving style? Checkout General or Uniroyal.

There is no “budget” tire as 20k miles I have replaced them or threw away due noise, wear, poor traction .

Problem is install costs are same budget or best tires.

Michelins are great, but much too pricey.

My Z51 Corvette is now riding on Nitto summer tires, and they are just fine for 40 percent lower cost.

Sentury Qirin 990, (aka Landsail) lot of tire for the price. Good comfort, great milage and wear. Decent on everything else.

Could put something sportier on the Volvo. Like I had previously, but it will still not have great handling so kind of a waste. Just less comfort.

Back