What are the worst tires you've used?

A Focus ZX3 I bought used came on a fresh set of Primewells.
They had limited grip under all conditions, wet, dry or snow. They must have had a very hard compound since they wore like iron at the price of having about as much grip.

Goodyear Eagle HP's from the late 90's. A hugely crappy and not-inexpensive economy tire designed to look like a Gatorback performance tire. They completely ruined the handling of my del Sol Si. What was once a fun little go-kart of a car turned into an econobox on marshmallows. What an enormous waste of money.

[QUOTE="I Bridgestone Ecopia OE tires on the CR-V.....utter trash and garbage.
[/QUOTE]
Completely agree. These came stock on my 21 CX-9 and were terribly noisy by 30k despite lots of tread left.

I had a set of Goodyear Comfortred on a Honda Odyssey that were also very disappointing. I could never get to balance out. A set of Michelins fixed the issue.

A set of Michelins from Wal Mart for our minivan. Transmitted every crack in the pavement and every road texture directly into the car frame. Turned a nice car into a NVH nightmare.

Cooper Discoverer AT. Great looking tire, horrible performing tire. All the noise of an MT with the off road traction of an HT. Replaced them with a set of GY Wrangler Silent Armors that performed better in all aspects except maybe treadlife.

Past experience many years ago UNIROYAL.

Came on the car as new from the factory.

Changed them out ASAP.

If you thing they were on wet roads I cant describe how bad they were in the snow.

TOMB

A Focus ZX3 I bought used came on a fresh set of Primewells.
They had limited grip under all conditions, wet, dry or snow. They must have had a very hard compound since they wore like iron at the price of having about as much grip.
Primewells get my vote too. Was almost exactly my experince

I just replaced a set of Cooper CS3's on my Mom's S-10 that were worn down to 3/32 in under 25k miles and were worthless in the rain from the start.. Not impressed. Meanwhile the set of Cooper CS5's put on my wife's CRV around the same time have less wear in 60k miles than the CS3's did in 25k and have been excellent..

uniroyal tiger paw that came stock on the gmc sonoma i bought new in 1995. my first vehicle. they were more than mediocre, they were dangerous. on dry asphalt during summer, it was slippery like i was driving in winter.
Every V6 S-10 I've ever ridden in has been a tire smoking machine in the from a stoplight if the road was even damp.. I'm hoping the set of tires I just put on my Mom's is better, but there is really limited variety available in the stock 205/75R15 size.

1692829099765.jpg
I used these little tires on my pickup truck , but they were to small for me. :ROFLMAO:

Any summer-only tire back when I lived in Colorado. I was young 20's and poor, so I always replaced tires with used as they wore out, with a lot of mismatching. Sometimes the used tire dealer only had summer tires in my size, especially true back in the early 2000's when low profile tires were primarily for sports cars-- for context I had a 2001 Jetta GLX, hardly a sports car.

I thought, what the hell it's summer, I'll change it out before winter comes. Bars and good times were the priority in those days not tires, so it got forgotten. I realized the error in my ways when I was simply driving down a snowy (not even ice) hill that exited my apartment complex at normal speed, when the back end just went sideways on me into a brick garage facade. To this day, I'm confident it was the summer tires I'd had put on the back and me not knowing any better.

Firestone 721 with Uniroyal Tiger Paw at very close 2nd place. Both would 'squaw' going around curves at normal speeds.

Back