Any street tire offer better dry traction than Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ?

Any street tire offer better dry traction than Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ?

I need replacement tires for a 2020 Mustang.

Got 30K miles / 3 years out of the OEM Michelin tires.

Define "street tire".

Amongst competitors and race sanctioning bodies, anything with 200tw or higher is considered a street tire.

Any tire in the 200tw category will have better dry grip than the PS4S. You won't get 30K miles out out them though and you'll probably be staring down the grim reaper if you get caught in any substantial rain.

PS4S remains one of the go-to for auto-x when it comes to wet conditions. It's a great tire for real-world street conditions but still behind those 200tw street tires.

I did a lot of tire research for my new GLI in the past week. Look into the Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02.
The Tire Rack got .92G in the WET. They got 1.00G in the DRY. Conti provides a better warranty if you get a flat.

This YouTube video compares the two. This is the best tire reviewer IMO.

Tire size? :unsure:

The Conti SportContact 5 or 6 is Conti's rival to the PS4S

Define "street tire".

Amongst competitors and race sanctioning bodies, anything with 200tw or higher is considered a street tire.

Any tire in the 200tw category will have better dry grip than the PS4S. You won't get 30K miles out out them though and you'll probably be staring down the grim reaper if you get caught in any substantial rain.

PS4S remains one of the go-to for auto-x when it comes to wet conditions. It's a great tire for real-world street conditions but still behind those 200tw street tires.

This :sneaky:

Those probably provide better dry traction on the track once warmed up but my guess is they are worse on the street?

PS Cup 2 performs better than PS 4S even without warm-up. OP is in FL. Contrary
to PS(1). Downsides: Cost, wet traction and shorter live. You can't have everything.
That said, PS Cup 2 offers significantly better road manners than similar performing
competitors.

Tire size?

2020 Mustang >> $$$$

The Conti SportContact 5 or 6 is Conti's rival to the PS4S

Exactly. Very similar performance.

I like the Falken FK460 A/S on my AWD Fusion. "Comparable" to the Continental DWS but not 100% and the dry traction (to me) is on par with the pilot sport 4

I even bought a set of the 235/45-18 Continental sport 2's for my 2019 Camry just for fun to see what they would do compared to what most people would run on a normal car. I love sticky tires and run 275/40-19 Nitto NT-05's with 200 TW front/rear on my 1955 Chevy.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Back