What 0w16 are you using in your newer toyota?

We got my wife a 2023 rav4 and it uses 0w16

So to anyone with one of these toyotas that take 0w16, what are you using in it?

The only spec i can find that the rav4 needs is ILSAC GF-6B, which from what i can tell MOST brand name FS motor oils almost universally all have this spec.

So is it a safe bet to just go with whatever 0w16 happens to be the best price when it is oil change time? Or is there one that clearly stands above the rest?

I can get pennzoil platinum, m1, and mag1 0w16 all locally for roughly the same money when there is a sale. I can also order liqui moly, idimitsu, and motul through work.

And no, i'm not going to use anything other than 0w16. Not interested in that debate i already read through some posts in the subject.

We got my wife a 2023 rav4 and it uses 0w16

So to anyone with one of these toyotas that take 0w16, what are you using in it?

The only spec i can find that the rav4 needs is ILSAC GF-6B, which from what i can tell MOST brand name FS motor oils almost universally all have this spec.

So is it a safe bet to just go with whatever 0w16 happens to be the best price when it is oil change time? Or is there one that clearly stands above the rest?

I can get pennzoil platinum, m1, and mag1 0w16 all locally for roughly the same money when there is a sale. I can also order liqui moly, idimitsu, and motul through work.

And no, i'm not going to use anything other than 0w16. Not interested in that debate i already read through some posts in the subject.
Use Mobil 1 or TGMO .

Our new 2023 VENZA has two years(2 OCIs) of Toyota maintenance. I wonder what my dealer will REALLY use for the 2 free-bees? My bet is that they’ll use what ever they have in stock regardless what is recommended unless they have plenty of 0W16 in stock.

When I got my free OCIs from the dealer they listed the part numbers for quarts of Toyota 0w16 and the filter. Wound up costing "Toyota" $70 or so according to my receipt.

How much is the oil at the dealer?

And for a higher mileage engine with 240,000 miles, would this weight still be ideal? I mean the clearances have increased from new, so would 0W20 or even 0W30 be preferable?
That's good thought! I just can't see the big difference in 16 vs 20 weight oils to require a whole new additional oil to be on the shelf.

Our new 2023 VENZA has two years(2 OCIs) of Toyota maintenance. I wonder what my dealer will REALLY use for the 2 free-bees? My bet is that they’ll use what ever they have in stock regardless what is recommended unless they have plenty of 0W16 in stock.
We just bought a Grand Highlander and while ours (Hybrid Max) uses 0W-20, one of the engines uses 0W-8. I'm confident the dealer is putting 0W-16 or -20 in those.

Castrol Edge 0W16 in a 2019 RAV4. Oil was bought on clearance at AutoZone for $4/qt. 52 quarts were bought then with still plenty to go at almost 90,000 miles now. Ran 12 quarts of TGMO 0W16 prior to that but those were a little over $5/qt. May have run an additional 2 oil changes prior to that as part of the included maintenance from Toyota.

check out Havoline pro-ds 0w-16 or 0w-20,,,,they also make a plant based (25%) type of engine oil pro rs in these grades and approvals.,

Back