Wedding Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If money is tight postpone the wedding until they are financially responsible.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
If the weather goes sideways budget weddings outdoors can be miserable. A lot of money burned up with guests not completely happy.

My only advice is outdoors is cheap but risky in my findings. My sisters wedding was a damp 47F day in may in a unheated barn. Guests wearing jackets and not a lot of dancing etc. all because my sister did not want to pay the $400 for high volume heaters for rent.

Well said, thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
If money is tight postpone the wedding until they are financially responsible.

Will do

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Tell him not to get sucked into doing what other people want, tell him to do what he wants, even if it's getting married at Waffle House.

Of the weddings I've been to, the smaller, more casual ones seemed way more fun than the big blowouts.

The Denny's in downtown Vegas does weddings.

My first marriage I went all out, circa 2007 I spent around $20K ~210 people. So much to do and trying to make it around to all the tables etc, it was a mad rush all day.It was fun but obviously a total waste of money, especially because she left me suddenly less than a year later...

My second marriage we went on the cheap. We rented a spot in a state park, decorated ourselves, went with a smaller cake and brought in all the food ourselves, setup and tear down etc. Small group of immediate family and a few friends, ~ 30 people. We had a friend marry us. I think we spent around $1500 total. It was just as good as the $20K wedding as we actually got to hang with our guests and weren't burdened with debt after.

Keep the party small.

We rented a sail boat crew and got married in front of Buckingham fountain in Chicago. Married by a Judge the wife knew.

I've done the big blow-out and it was a drag...I think I knew 10 of the 200+ people there.

The last time, we had a small to-do around my brother in law's backyard pool, hired a preacher and a violinist from the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music. Had a caterer bring simple picnic-style food for 50. The whole thing cost about $3500. My dad and I own black tie rigs, so we didn't have to rent tuxedos, and the bride and bridesmaids bought dresses on sale from J Crew. Put it together in 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back