VW is specifying a 504 oil for the V6 Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Why don't you get the CofA of every batch of gasoline delivered to whatever particular station you might possibly be referring to and get some facts yourself?

I choose not to pull stuff from between my left & right hip pockets.

So wait, all know, uber engineer that claimed that the United States moved to ULSG cannot confirm that average gas station has ULSG? So now is saying: why you do not get.......
I thought you have something to contribute to the conversation except: I worked on multimillion dollar..,...
Basically, what you are saying is: it might be ULSG, but it might not. I am not sure how that is "requirement."

Originally Posted By: motech
And to add to the misinformation, there's a sticker under the hood that says "Use only oil that expressly complies with VW 502.00". The folks who pull together the user's manual should speak to the sticker people.

Yep, same one that is in 1.8TSI Passat.
I think VW copy/paste information from booklet where ULSG is available, like UK, and just put in the U.S. cars, while putting sticker with correct oil requirement under the hood.

I gotta say with all the bad information out their regarding ULSG in the U.S. (thanks mostly to Uncle Sam) coupled with the fact that low / mid saps oils are more widely available than ever, it Seems like an "imperfect" storm waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back