Vehicle you're looking forward to in 2025 (and beyond)

Probably a B17!

Yep. You read that right. A B17. No, no, not a full size one. A flying model of one, approx 130" wingspan. Or perhaps maybe another RC tank. We will see. Got quite a few things on my MotionRC and Legend Hobby wishlist.

I wont go near a modern car lot, though. RC stuff is as close as I get to buying a vehicle made in the 21st century. The direction the auto industry has gone in my lifespan has seen it producing vehicles that disgust me on every possible level. I like a vehicle to be simple, manually shifted. I like the interior spartan...give me fm, defrost, aircon, hold the rest...like them to be in the 150-250hp range wearinv 235/75r15 tires that last forever and are cheap to replace. I want longevity, reliability, serviceability, I want a bench seat and panoramic views. There are a lot of very strong reasons I am replacing my 2014 Challenger with a 1971 Chevy C10! 'Bout the only carrot left to dangle to entice me into a new car lot is IIHS stars and....well I simply dont care about that. I dont live my life fearing what-ifs, so crash stars hold basically no value to me.

🤷 not knocking people who do buy this stuff, but you can have mine. I happy with 3 on the Tree.

Probably a B17!

Yep. You read that right. A B17. No, no, not a full size one. A flying model of one, approx 130" wingspan. Or perhaps maybe another RC tank. We will see. Got quite a few things on my MotionRC and Legend Hobby wishlist.

I wont go near a modern car lot, though. RC stuff is as close as I get to buying a vehicle made in the 21st century. The direction the auto industry has gone in my lifespan has seen it producing vehicles that disgust me on every possible level. I like a vehicle to be simple, manually shifted. I like the interior spartan...give me fm, defrost, aircon, hold the rest...like them to be in the 150-250hp range wearinv 235/75r15 tires that last forever and are cheap to replace. I want longevity, reliability, serviceability, I want a bench seat and panoramic views. There are a lot of very strong reasons I am replacing my 2014 Challenger with a 1971 Chevy C10! 'Bout the only carrot left to dangle to entice me into a new car lot is IIHS stars and....well I simply dont care about that. I dont live my life fearing what-ifs, so crash stars hold basically no value to me.

🤷 not knocking people who do buy this stuff, but you can have mine. I happy with 3 on the Tree.
But yet-with the exceptions of trucks (like one in your signature) the Domestics in the 70's-80's were basically junk.

But yet-with the exceptions of trucks (like one in your signature) the Domestics in the 70's-80's were basically junk.
I'd take a Pinto or a Caprice or a Diplomat over anything sold today 🤷. After 40+ years the crsppy ones are long gone and its super easy to modify them to taste. Basically had truck drivelines in them anyway!

Chevy Tahoe 6.2 High Country.

We get a new car every 10-20 years so it needs to be something special. I will tell the dealer to play Bob Seger when we take delivery

IMG_1493.jpeg

I'm looking forward to the 2025+ GM and Ford EVs having NACS connectors :) My next EV will have that and I'll carry a CCS1 adapter around for older non-Tesla charging stations.

It's so easy to come on the Internet and spout non sense. The Pinto was one too far.....ready to explode at no extra charge!
Ahh, yes, because someone daily driving a 50 year old vehicle is totally concerned about a complete nonissue fixed 40 years ago and which can easily be remedied by fitting a readily available race fuel cell if need be. 🤡

Come on bro, think for a moment. You REALLY think the minute fire risk is the biggest crash hazard in a 50 year old car?! Forgetting that they don't have crumple zones or airbags or headrests or reinforced passenger cells or any of that, nah, who cares, hurr pinto fires 🤣. Seriously what do you think is gonna happen to ANY car of that vintage if it gets reamed out by an AlumiDuty or a Tesla?!

Get real man. If how it did in a crash meant anything to me I'd keep the Challenger as my daily because it's orders of magnitude safer than any of my trucks and any of the cars I just mentioned. Clearly I do not put much value on crashworthiness because I am getting rid of that Chally as soon as my C10 is ready for primetime again.

Not everyone has the same concerns you do. Hell you wanna worry about fuel fires in vintage autos its prolly best you didnt know that my 71 C10 has 16 gallons of the stuff behind the seat.....

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have a failing ECU. That happens to some vehicles over time. I have had to replace one in my 2009 Accord that just has over 200K. Garage kept / well maintained car that looks like it is new and so far that is the only real "repair" work needed. Still not happy with Honda with their attitude about their "diluter" GDI engines.
The failing ECU has a list of like 10 symptoms, none of which this Camry exhibits.

The brilliantly analytical posts by some of the more astute members in this thread have tempted me to sell my C43. I am frantically combing Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace as I am now convinced that there is a Biscayne with a 250ci six and three on the tree with my name on it.

Last edited:
None. New cars are boring and uninspiring. I’m hoping to get 2-3 more years out of our Town and Country, which is starting to rust through the doglegs and interior trim/seats are starting to show wear. Its replacement will be boring to shop for.

None. New cars are boring and uninspiring. I’m hoping to get 2-3 more years out of our Town and Country, which is starting to rust through the doglegs and interior trim/seats are starting to show wear. Its replacement will be boring to shop for.
Same. Nearly no new cars appeal to me. Probably the only one is a mazda3 hatchback, but I was extremely let down that they only offer the manual transmission on the highest trim! What the heck! I was considering buying a new mazda3, but not at 30k+ 😡

A forum where (at least) 75% don't ever buy new cars/wouldn't consider new cars asking what NEW vehicles they are looking forward too.

Back