New Purchase 2008 Toyota Tundra...

Well I decided to part with my rusting out 2000 Dodge Ram 4X4 5.2L with 93,003 original miles. Got 2200.00 for it. Cant see investing in something that is going to continue to rust out again and again. Decided to purchase a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD with 133,078 for 10K with the 5.7L engine. Honda/Acura dealership offered me 3600.00 for my Acura in signature yesterday and plan on having them buy it on Monday. I enjoyed my time with both vehicles and look forward to turning the page forward with the Tundra. Will post pictures soon.

Last edited:
Well I decided to part with my rusting out 2000 Dodge Ram 4X4 5.2L with 93,003 original miles. Got 2200.00 for it. Cant see investing in something that is going to continue to rust out again and again. Decided to purchase a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD with 133,078 for 10K with the 5.7L engine. Honda/Acura dealership offered me 3600.00 for my Acura in signature yesterday and plan on having them buy it on Monday. I enjoyed my time with both vehicles and look forward to turning the page forward with the Tundra. Will post pictures soon.
When you get it, consider going somewhere that does Fluid Film or Woolwax and getting it sprayed.

Any rust that may be hiding should be protected with it so you have it longer. I wish I would have doe it with my '03 Sequoia, we would probably still have it.

Sounds like a smart move! I am looking for an exit plan soon for my rusted out ‘97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. Trouble free and reliable, just can’t get the rust to slow down.
Yeah, I hear you -- wasnt easy because the 5.2L ran like a top. Hope whatever you decide to do with your Dodge brings you a smile at the end of the day.

Good luck. I see you are in PA. The 5.7 in 2WD is apt to need snow tires, and in a bad way, in winter.

After that, the usual rust proofing. And hopefully you avoid air pumps, steering racks and water pump problems, which IIRC were the Achillles heel on these trucks. Parking brake on mine was never good, and I had problems keeping those front brakes from seizing in the calipers. But I do miss mine, it was... a truck. Shouldn't have traded it (2011 DC 4WD with the 4.6).

Good luck. I see you are in PA. The 5.7 in 2WD is apt to need snow tires, and in a bad way, in winter.

After that, the usual rust proofing. And hopefully you avoid air pumps, steering racks and water pump problems, which IIRC were the Achillles heel on these trucks. Parking brake on mine was never good, and I had problems keeping those front brakes from seizing in the calipers. But I do miss mine, it was... a truck. Shouldn't have traded it (2011 DC 4WD with the 4.6).
Where I live in Pa/Berks County -- last year we got zero snowfalls that measured 2 inches or more. Dustings to me are not considered snow. If need be --- the Rav4 will handle the snow duties. Will keep an eye out for other possible problems you mentioned and thanks for the heads up.

Ps. Winters are getting less and less measurable snows here in Berks County the last decade and summers are really starting to feel like Florida summers with the heat and humidity.

Enjoy your new Tundra. Mine is not for sale...
1706419388944.jpg

My FIL had one of that era for a time, and the frame rusted in the Caribbean.

Please be sure it isn’t a model/variant that suffers from the frame rot issue.

Bummer your ram rusted so bad at such low mileage.

I dislike rust! Paint the frame with some sort of por15 or similar. Otherwise same boat in a few years.

My FIL had one of that era for a time, and the frame rusted in the Caribbean.

Please be sure it isn’t a model/variant that suffers from the frame rot issue.

Bummer your ram rusted so bad at such low mileage.
I climbed under the frame before the purchase, frame was not replaced but looked good still. Really depressing on having to part with the Dodge. JUST rolled 93K also. :(

Back