Vehicle you're looking forward to in 2025 (and beyond)

Pretty much nothing. No one makes a quirky, interesting, affordable cars anymore. The K4 is the closest thing to exciting for me but I need to see more about specification and content before it's a real contender.

One of my sons just came to visit from out of state in his new Toyota Rav4 and took me for a ride. Now the wife and I and both sons have been buying and driving Honda only since the mid 1990s. So I was blown away by his Toyota SUV.
The seats felt as if I was sitting in a lounge chair and the ride was like being in a limo! I think he sold me on a Rav4 even though we
had been leaning towards a Camry for the next one. Never owned a Toyota but I was telling someone I realized not one single
person I have known with Toyotas ever changes to buy any other brand. I have also never heard a Toyota owner I know say they
had to bring it into the shop for anything other than predictive/preventive maintenance items.
I'm trying to fix a seriously broken Camry at 178K miles that is undrivable that defies every attempt to fix. Not impressed. Misfire to the point of not being able to move it and everything always checks out as good.

I'm trying to fix a seriously broken Camry at 178K miles that is undrivable that defies every attempt to fix. Not impressed. Misfire to the point of not being able to move it and everything always checks out as good.
What year? How long have you owned it? Are all those 178K your miles? ..... sounds like a decent long life up to now? Never owned a Toyota but just going by all of the happy owners I have known thru the years. I do not hear many if any complain or speak of having
issues to repair. I guess any make/model could have some things to deal with approaching 200,000...? I am sure it also could depend
on how the vehicle was used/abused/maintained or not thru all those miles. Hope you figure out it is not something serious expensive.

What year? How long have you owned it? Are all those 178K your miles? ..... sounds like a decent long life up to now? Never owned a Toyota but just going by all of the happy owners I have known thru the years. I do not hear many if any complain or speak of having
issues to repair. I guess any make/model could have some things to deal with approaching 200,000...? I am sure it also could depend
on how the vehicle was used/abused/maintained or not thru all those miles. Hope you figure out it is not something serious expensive.
It's a 2000 Camry witht he 4 cylinder engine. Supposed to be one of their better vehicles. Well maintained and not abused.

It's a 2000 Camry witht he 4 cylinder engine. Supposed to be one of their better vehicles. Well maintained and not abused.
Sounds like you may have a failing ECU. That happens to some vehicles over time. I have had to replace one in my 2009 Accord that just has over 200K. Garage kept / well maintained car that looks like it is new and so far that is the only real "repair" work needed. Still not happy with Honda with their attitude about their "diluter" GDI engines.

Sounds like you may have a failing ECU. That happens to some vehicles over time. I have had to replace one in my 2009 Accord that just has over 200K. Garage kept / well maintained car that looks like it is new and so far that is the only real "repair" work needed. Still not happy with Honda with their attitude about their "diluter" GDI engines.
Possibly so, but not sure how to diagnose that. Noid light and spark testers suggest that the ECU and ignition system are working, but obviously if working poorly that wouldn't show.

Last edited:
Possibly so, but not sure how to diagnose that. Noid light and spark testers suggest that the ECU and ignition system is working, but obviously if working poorly that wouldn't show.
The one issue I had drove me crazy for a while. My 2009 Honda had bad section of wiring which I finally replaced. Yet a few months later the ECU did in fact fail and had to be changed out. After the wire issue was fixed, it was then far over my head. Finally gave up and the car had to go to Honda where they verified the bad ECU. Sure enough. Soon as it was replaced the car was like new again. Not one issue since.

1714602006339.jpg

I have seen a few Ford Mavericks around recently and I was surprised how nice they look. I definitely like the more normal size they are as opposed to all the giant monster size trucks all over the streets.

Back