Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
( to OP) I like Valvoline in my 4 wheeled applications. Although i currently have PP in my stash. im going to switch over one of my autos this spring.. see if i notice a difference. Since joining BITOG ive also starting buying pure-ones. I like them

Last edited:
I have a regular Fram and a Pure One here. Cartridge filter, definitely a difference. The PO is quite a bit better.

I also have a Tough Guard and Pure One for my wifes. This is a can, not cartridge and both weigh the same and look almost identical inside. I'd say this was on par with the Pure One. The only reason I got the Fram was b/c it was a special. 5 quarts of GC and a top of the line Fram filter. They were out of Extended Guards on both cars so I got the regular and tough guard.

I also had a Fram Extended Guard and that thing was the best looking filter I've ever seen.

So it seems like to me...

Cheap Frams - junk, stay away.

Middle of the road Frams = Tough Guards -these are as good as Wix and Pure One's, etc.

High end Fram = Extended Gaurd - on par with Extended drain filters or even better.

So as with most products out there, Fram's vary. The cheap ones suck, the expensive ones rock. In short, you get what you pay for.

p.s. Valvoline SynPower rocks. It's on special right now at AAP and they have amazing combo deal going on where you can get insane bargains. Check the promo forum here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve20
""I have a Masters Degree in History and am a year from a PhD""

a doctor of history? how is that useful?

and how is that related to oil/filters??

Originally Posted By: ted s
Originally Posted By: steve20
""I have a Masters Degree in History and am a year from a PhD""

a doctor of history? how is that useful?

and how is that related to oil/filters??

Wouldn't it suggest that you are too busy studying to be paying attention to an oil change hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back