Kirkland Synthetic vs. Valvoline Advanced Synthetic - 5w30 - Ford EB 2.0

Without getting deep into it, I plan on running KS oil in my wife’s car but noticed that Valvoline has their garage box oil 20% off. KS oil was 31$ for 10qts, Valvoline 12qts is 47$.

Her car is a 2015 ford edge 2.0EB and the motor is brand new, replaced under warranty under the Service bulletin for the coolant/headgasket issues.

Is the extra money worth it for the EB 2.0 over the cheaper KS oil?

KS oil is dexos 2 rated and the Valvoline is dexos 3.

Not sure if there is a benefit from one to the other with oil changes being around 5-6500mi. The span is just if and when I catch the OCI.

She drives pretty much all highway with average stop and go, non city driving. She uses top tier fuel if that matters or not

So all in all same ratings same performance oil wise… good to hear. The website is infact outdated.

Without getting deep into it, I plan on running KS oil in my wife’s car but noticed that Valvoline has their garage box oil 20% off. KS oil was 31$ for 10qts, Valvoline 12qts is 47$.

Her car is a 2015 ford edge 2.0EB and the motor is brand new, replaced under warranty under the Service bulletin for the coolant/headgasket issues.

Is the extra money worth it for the EB 2.0 over the cheaper KS oil?

KS oil is dexos 2 rated and the Valvoline is dexos 3.

Not sure if there is a benefit from one to the other with oil changes being around 5-6500mi. The span is just if and when I catch the OCI.

She drives pretty much all highway with average stop and go, non city driving. She uses top tier fuel if that matters or not
Kirkland is dex 1 gen 3.

Just gonna throw out a differing point of view here… I say look at your investment portfolio and pick a company that you’re a shareholder of. Ex: if you hold stock in an S&P 500 index fund then XOM. $10 on an oil change here or there isn’t gonna change your life but growth of your portfolio can. Might as well try to butter your own bread when possible.

I guess an oil analysis from Blackstone would say either way. Might have to do one to get a baseline

Just gonna throw out a differing point of view here… I say look at your investment portfolio and pick a company that you’re a shareholder of. Ex: if you hold stock in an S&P 500 index fund then XOM. $10 on an oil change here or there isn’t gonna change your life but growth of your portfolio can. Might as well try to butter your own bread when possible.
Counterpoint, Costco is also an S&P component.

Back