Using Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck oil in gas cars.

Saw this comment on a Lotus forum. Any validity?

I don't get how people can put diesel oil in their Elises. Diesel engines are very low revving compared to a gasoline engine and the Lotus can be, if driven that way, a VERY high revving engine. Fluid film shear stability is a huge concern with such fast spinning engines and those who design diesel oils have a much different design target than those who design oils for high revving engines. They are too completely different animals.

a0e998d8-86af-4718-bc3b-56e57ed1b0a1-jpeg.1336141

Maybe I got this backwards but I think diesels would be harder on oil than gasoline powered cars given the operating conditions not to mention the high torque and horsepower. Even the highest horsepower gasoline powered engines don’t come close to the compression ratios of diesel engines.

Just my $0.02

I been using Rotellas T6 5W-40 in Volvo Turbo car for years w/ out any problems on engine or turbo.

It is a favorite oil for WRX cars in some folks.

The only thing about it is that it's high saps and it could be an issue with lspi since that's usually an issue with direct injected turbo engines. More so to do with the turbo as that exasperates it. But if it isn't lspi prone then it's great to use.

Back