Uber Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
I don’t know about those All-Metallic pads, I prefer semi-Metallica.
grin.gif

Your rotors grind faster, obey your master, master!

Aren't cabs subject to periodic inspections in the USA?.
My wife drives a cab in the UK, her car has to be inspected at 6 monthly intervals, if it isn't up to scratch she doesn't work.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Aren't cabs subject to periodic inspections in the USA?.
My wife drives a cab in the UK, her car has to be inspected at 6 monthly intervals, if it isn't up to scratch she doesn't work.

Claud.

They are, well in some states they are. Uber cars are not. We give a courtesy discount to real taxis, none to Uber or Lyft.

Here, at least at one time, since I'm not in it any longer, there were at least two per year. One was the annual taxi inspection conducted by DMV rules. The city and police would also conduct a similar inspection annually, too. The DMV inspection was basically a complete light mechanical inspection as would be done to bring a total loss vehicle back on the road, or to bring in an out of province or out of country vehicle. The city/police inspection wasn't much different.

I think where ride sharing services are concerned the greater the sample the MORE the deviation just because this is a side gig for the majority who are sometimes on their way to something else after they've driven...so it's more time spent than an actual job that they have to prepare for, be cognizant of anything, etc. Maybe more of a "truism" than a blanket statement.

I was driving through downtown San Francisco after midnight ( a hellish enough experience ) a few months ago when I had to yell over at a Lyft driver to turn on his lights. 40 mph with no lights on a main street with bogeys ( homeless crossing against the green ) every other corner.

The guy came back to have the rears done. I showed him the pads when he came to pick up the car. His first comment was “these still have some life.” I tried to explain that these were supposed to be replaced at 2mm and he had between 0.5mm and 1.5mm left...

You can bet more everyday people don't take care of their cars as opposed to just Uber guys.

The guy happened to be an Uber driver and OP took it and ran. Would OP have posted it otherwise? Certainly not with the same title.

I was riding in an Uber once that didn't have any heat. Another time, we requested a large car but a Prius showed up. The driver said he has a minivan but it was in the shop. So why did you accept our XL request then? Needless to say, I don't bother with rideshare services anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
You can bet more everyday people don't take care of their cars as opposed to just Uber guys.

The guy happened to be an Uber driver and OP took it and ran. Would OP have posted it otherwise? Certainly not with the same title.

Of course. If it was an individual driver, that's one thing. But this vehicle is used for livery service and individuals operating their vehicle in that capacity should be held to higher standards. They are professionals who use their vehicle for transporting others and this is simply unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back