Language problem with a Uber Delivery Driver?

I walked 2 and 1/2 miles to school with my Selmer Bundy alto Sax.

Is he learning a Euphonium or Tuba? - Ken
He's 9 yo, carrying this, and I was able to save $50 by omitting the wheels on the bag :ROFLMAO:

1695396333560.jpg

Expect to have a busted windshield or slashed tires on your 97 Prizm any day now. And how does someone afford delivery if they drive a Prizm anyway? :ROFLMAO:
When I was in college, I drove for Dominos. And I LOVED MY JOB. I loved the people at the store, we were a tight group male and female, and I frankly loved driving and getting paid. We got 6% of the proceeds so yes, it paid to have a junk car, not a nice one. Then, since I was on a college campus, beautiful ladies would see me in my uniform, and ask me if they could pile in and have me take them to the bars. Beautiful ladies piling in to my car, you better believe that was a big 10-4! And they were nice, throw me a $5 bill when it would have cost them that or more for a cab.

One time my muffler fell off and I was one of those sticklers even back then, I wanted to have the Volvo OE muffler where the tailpipe had a curve to the side, not straight back. Since I couldn't afford it, I left it off. On one delivery some old hag said, "I knew it was Dominos with that loud car."

Once again, I'd trade all my tomorrows, for a single yesterday... :)

If I had the 'gummie munchies', I would grab a couple generic grocery storebrand McRib sandwiches out of the ice box, and toss 'em in the Microonda.

Poof !
Hot food Tres minutos later.

With cake, they just take a layer or will there be tooth marks?
When licking the frosting isn't enough? Hollow out the middle of the cake, then fill with wadded-up tissue paper and smoothen over.

I've heard an increasing number of people have their morning cup of Starbucks delivered - not sure if to the front door or bedside.

We've become friends with the owner of the Italian restraunt we frequent too often. He was telling us that he doesn't sign up for any of the delivery services but has a super active take out business. They charge him 30% of the meal price in addition to charging the customer. That is why when you order off of Grub Hub or whatever the price for the food is higher than the menu price.

You've got to be kidding me. It's not the driver's fault your order was wrong. Unless they stole something out of it? I can't really tell from your story.

Best experience I had with UberEats years ago was when someone ordered a whole family's worth of Indian food and put the wrong address. Where I tried to deliver it to and they said no, we didn't order this, and didn't recognize the name as any of their neighbors. I called Uber and they tried to get ahold of the people that ordered it - nada. So I was paid for the delivery and told to dispose of the food. I called it a night and disposed of it right into my stomach and refrigerator.

Beyond that, it was mostly making minimum wage hooning around pizzas in my 1999 Suburban with the occasional tip for "wow that's a gas guzzler here's a few bucks I feel sorry for you" and generally, snobby or stoned customers. 4WD did come in useful one night when a tree fell on someones driveway. I just drove around it in the mud.

After doing the math on how much I was really making, especially given the amount of time wasted trying to find parking near the restaurants and waiting for the food to be ready, I gave up on it.

I do laugh when my coworkers order McDonald's on DoorDash. If I'm paying to have food delivered, it's going to be something WORTH IT. And even then, I barely ever do that - I have a car for a reason.

I can give you some hints of eating in the South.

If its a chain, your in the wrong place.
If the parking lot isn't full of working class pickup trucks, your in the wrong place.
If you open the door and its not full of families and workers still wearing there work clothes, your in the wrong place.
If they take credit cards - well you used to be in the wrong place. Thats getting better, but the cc machine will either be one of those things attached to a cell phone, or will sound like a 14.4 baud modem.

If they do uber eats, your definitely in the wrong place.

Trust me.
Today’s cash lunch not from chain 😎

IMG_9140.jpeg

One should become more self sufficient, get off the sofa, put down the phone and stop relying on others to deliver their grub for the dinner table..

A neighbor up the street who I don't know but know he's a pharmacist at WalMart was getting a food delivery this evening as we walked by with the dogs. The delivery vehicle was an old Chevy truck driven by husband, wife took the package to the door. Judging from her appearance if there was cake he didn't get it either. Sorry. Seems like a tough way to make a buck.

A neighbor up the street who I don't know but know he's a pharmacist at WalMart was getting a food delivery this evening as we walked by with the dogs. The delivery vehicle was an old Chevy truck driven by husband, wife took the package to the door. Judging from her appearance if there was cake he didn't get it either. Sorry. Seems like a tough way to make a buck.
I usually see female workers with a male companion, especially after dark. It sucks that it's necessary to do that.

I usually see female workers with a male companion, especially after dark. It sucks that it's necessary to do that.
It's no joke. We were in Atlantic City this weekend, and my wife and her relatives walked to the outlets. My wife wanted to return sooner, but said she didn't feel safe walking back alone.

Myself, her cousin, and my son and a nephew (10 and 9) all walked to Bass Pro Shops. I too had an uneasy feeling in broad daylight--seeing the abandoned buildings and rubble. This is like 1978 South bronx. OK I'm exaggerating. maybe 1992 Times Square.

One should become more self sufficient, get off the sofa, put down the phone and stop relying on others to deliver their grub for the dinner table..
And learn to cook, even just a few dishes. Here's film director Robert Rodriguez talking about just that subject:

Back