Truck insurance bill ... Big surprise; went down!

Mine is 817 for 6 months in Louisiana. I am only licensed driver but the law requires me to put wife on policy as she is over 18. 15 years clean record and full coverage.

Geico. 3rd premium from them
IIRC, 2 cars, full coverage, we were paying about $450 every 6 months the last few years...until October 2023 bill it jumped to about $825.

Oddly, I shopped a few insurance carriers and a local broker and it was still as cheap or cheaper. Nothing happened that would warrant that increase, to my knowledge. Except #inflation...

Geico. 3rd premium from them
I need to call Agricola then. They were high as kite when I had them as a young driver. I’ve been with Traveler for 12 years and it is only going up even though thr cars are getting older and I am more experienced. No tickets or accidents.

If my premiums drop I just rest assured knowing they found some way to cut costs for them or reduce services or coverage for me. That said, I don't much care as I don't trust any insurance company to pay a truly legit claim anyway.

Just got my newest insurance bill. $987 for two cars for 6 months (about $80 per month per car), $250/500k, full coverage $500 deductible. What's everyone else at for 6 months per car with similar coverages? I just got quotes from our credit union online that goes to multiple providers and Progressive was less than $10 per month cheaper (not worth the hassle), snagged a State Farm quote and they were $15/mth more expensive.

What's everyone else looking at? This is getting silly ridiculous. It's doggone doubled or more I think in the last couple years.

Just got my newest insurance bill. $987 for two cars for 6 months (about $80 per month per car), $250/500k, full coverage $500 deductible. What's everyone else at for 6 months per car with similar coverages? I just got quotes from our credit union online that goes to multiple providers and Progressive was less than $10 per month cheaper (not worth the hassle), snagged a State Farm quote and they were $15/mth more expensive.

What's everyone else looking at? This is getting silly ridiculous. It's doggone doubled or more I think in the last couple years.
I just got an increase to $428 for 6 months...full coverage for the two cars in my sig, $1k deductible and $500k liability. That's roughly a 15% increase for me but it's still cheap enough where I doubt I will do better. I'll shop around this fall if it goes up 10% plus again.

I just got an increase to $428 for 6 months...full coverage for the two cars in my sig, $1k deductible and $500k liability. That's roughly a 15% increase for me but it's still cheap enough where I doubt I will do better. I'll shop around this fall if it goes up 10% plus again.
That's about what we paid 1.5 years ago. Cheapest by far. Then bam bam. Last two got slammed.

Back