Trouble removing inner fender liner dodge ram.

On my 3rd gen dodge it has eight 8mm screws that hold the inner plastic fender liner on. Now on my older 1999 dodge ram I have no idea how to remove them. It's got these plastic cover looking things that don't have any way to unscrew as far as I can tell.

The liner is attached with plastic rivets (about 10 or so). You'll need to knock the centers out of these rivets and remove the outer rivet part to remove the wheel well liners from the truck. See illustration below.

1700352881829.png

Last edited:
On some cars, you can pry the center pin out with a small pick. On other cars, you have to drill them out or destructively remove the entire fastener and use new ones.

On some cars, you can pry the center pin out with a small pick. On other cars, you have to drill them out or destructively remove the entire fastener and use new ones.
Oh lord... guess I'll keep trying to line the ecm up with the bolt holes from the top. Nothing like kneeling on the radiator and valve cover with each knee.

The liner is attached with plastic rivets (about 10 or so). You'll need to knock the centers out of these rivets and remove the outer rivet part to remove the wheel well liners from the truck. See illustration below.
Plastic rivets? You mean push pins don't you?

Auveco Push Pin.jpeg

That's more what it looks like. So how do you get that top to pop out?

If it is a push pin style fastener, all you need to do is to pry up/out the center part with a thin flat bladed screwdriver. However, the Dodge RAM drawing for the plastic fender liner shows plastic rivets like below...maybe they have been replaced before?

1700355708402.png

All the way out if you want it to. Most of the time the push pin will come out in one piece if you pull the top up a little bit.
OK yeah I remember these things now. Had them on my brother's Honda pilot had to pop those off to remove the battery or something stupid like that.

Back