Tried NuFinish Today ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
There is one name brand product out there that I have never used, but would like to try sometime. It's ZAINO. And, the one I would choose is ZAINO ALL IN ONE. I have heard a lot of good things about this product.
I used Zaino some 15 years ago. It lasted a good amount of time, but it took quite a bit of effort to buff out the haze after applying. Not sure what changes they made to their products over the years. I have not been following them.

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad
I much prefer Duragloss over Zaino.

I have heard a lot of people state this as well. I have tried Duragloss with great results. But, I would still like to try the ZAINO.

I have heard a lot of people state this as well. I have tried Duragloss with great results.

Do you remember which products from them you've tried?

Zaino seems very similar to Duragloss but at a higher price point. Way back when it was rumored that DG made Zaino products. Still wouldn't be surprised at that. If the product doesn't seem as good then maybe they switched suppliers. Hopefully, not Turtle Wax.

Also wasn't that #218 free?

Nufinish is incredibly overrated. They must make a fortune on selling people on the paint bead trick.

Once you use a good paint sealant you'll never go back to a wax.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I have heard a lot of people state this as well. I have tried Duragloss with great results.

Do you remember which products from them you've tried?

Zaino seems very similar to Duragloss but at a higher price point. Way back when it was rumored that DG made Zaino products. Still wouldn't be surprised at that. If the product doesn't seem as good then maybe they switched suppliers. Hopefully, not Turtle Wax.

Also wasn't that #218 free?

It was a spray detailer my friend owned when I lived back in FL. It was very heavy-AKA-thick. All I remember was that it was a Duragloss product. It was around 2010.
No, I paid for that. It was on clearance for $4.99, FREE shipping. The BlackFire Wet Diamond was FREE. You have a good memory, remembering I received something from Autogeek FOC.
SS, do you detail professionally, semi-professionally, as a hobby, know a lot about deatailing......
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
*I appreciate the replies - this FK 1000P looks very interesting ... Best place you recommend to buy ? Can you use it safely on trim ?
I too rotate with Turtle Wax ICE spray wax , Lucas , spray wax , etc. ... After using the Nu Finish I came to realize I have A LOT of trim I need to be careful with (lol !)

It can only be purchased on line as far as I know. Give it a try, put it on thin and I think you will like the results! I just checked the can and it says nothing about avoiding the trim. Give them a call at 626-443-8983 if you have questions. That's the number on the can.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Nufinish is incredibly overrated. They must make a fortune on selling people on the paint bead trick.

Well, seems to me NF was the first of the polymer based non-waxes, so I don't know that I agree with that sentiment at all.

I've used NF for years: good cleaning, average gloss, great durability. But I grew to loathe the work, so I did it less and less. Now, sealants have advanced so much in just the last 5 years that I'm experimenting with using a spray wax: Wolfgang's Fusion. I figure if it only takes 15 minutes to do, I'll actually do it every wash. Versus doing it once a year at best because I dread the time sink of NF.

I do still like NF for wheels though. I tend to have performance vehicles that create a lot of brake dust and the NF removes what is there, keeps new stuff from attaching, and cleans easily.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high

I've used many waxes and sealants, NuFinish is a sealant not a wax. I also like Klasse. Both are fantastic.

This is an older car, 1999 SLK Supercharged, which I bought used and paint was kind of abused. This is a daily driver that was out in the Texas sun 5 or 6 days a week. Garaged at night.
I never buffed or DAed it.
Always polished with Nu Finish and every time the paint just got smoother, deeper, and more wet looking. Very slick so that dirt and bird droppings have a hard time sticking. Really protects the finish.

6DABaXq.jpg

l5UYEme.jpg

Last edited:
I can't stand dust or trim staining - no excuse for it these days and there's no reason to use Nu Finish at all unless cost is your No. 1 consideration.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I can't stand dust or trim staining - no excuse for it these days and there's no reason to use Nu Finish at all unless cost is your No. 1 consideration.

That's pretty much how I feel about the product. I've used it years ago and wasn't impressed. The dust and staining of black trim was a major turn off.

Amen. Nu Finish is the pits - having to do "cleanup" during and after a wax job is ridiculous...especially when products like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid do a super job of protection while leaving no such residue - and a full kit containing applicator, microfiber towel, and 16 oz of polymer wax is about $15 at Target or Walmart.

Last edited:
*Agreed on better ease of application (Maguire's Ultimate Liquid) - which lasts longer ?
Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001

Amen. Nu Finish is the pits - having to do "cleanup" during and after a wax job is ridiculous...especially when products like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid do a super job of protection while leaving no such residue - and a full kit containing applicator, microfiber towel, and 16 oz of polymer wax is about $15 at Target or Walmart.

*Agreed on better ease of application (Maguire's Ultimate Liquid) - which lasts longer ?

I'm not sure there is some definitive evidence to support any of the wax product claims (I have done several weeks research back in January)...but there are claims that Meguiar's and Nu Finish can generally last about 4-6 months, depending on weather, pollution, car washes, etc.

Nu Finish claims they are "The Once a Year Car Polish" right on their bottle...but I have yet to find any proof whatsoever or data to support it. It would be nearly impossible to prove it either way, as there are so many variables that go into these products losing their "protection.

My contention is that a clay-bar, polish, and wax (or sealing polymer product like Meguiare's Ultimate Liquid) should be done about every 3-4 months to sustain a quality shine/look as well as maintain good protection on a vehicle's exterior surfaces. After decades of using numerous products, I have seen nothing to disprove my 3-4 month mantra.

Last edited:
After decades of using numerous products, I have seen nothing to disprove my 3-4 month mantra.
Have you tried Jescar Power Lock? If so, how does it compare to Meguiar's ULW?

I'm not sure there is some definitive evidence to support any of the wax product claims (I have done several weeks research back in January)...but there are claims that Meguiar's and Nu Finish can generally last about 4-6 months, depending on weather, pollution, car washes, etc.

Nu Finish claims they are "The Once a Year Car Polish" right on their bottle...but I have yet to find any proof whatsoever or data to support it. It would be nearly impossible to prove it either way, as there are so many variables that go into these products losing their "protection.

My contention is that a clay-bar, polish, and wax (or sealing polymer product like Meguiare's Ultimate Liquid) should be done about every 3-4 months to sustain a quality shine/look as well as maintain good protection on a vehicle's exterior surfaces. After decades of using numerous products, I have seen nothing to disprove my 3-4 month mantra.

You might be right but I'm one of those folks who just doesn't have the energy to do that. MAYBE once a year or so is enough for me and my DD.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Spray wax in between waxing will extend the wax and shine.
thumbsup2.gif

Malo83, what name brand spray wax is your choice to use? There are so many out there.
At one time, I would only use EAGLE 1 NANO spray wax.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Spray wax in between waxing will extend the wax and shine.
thumbsup2.gif

Malo83, what name brand spray wax is your choice to use? There are so many out there.
At one time, I would only use EAGLE 1 NANO spray wax.

Really like Griots Best Show Spray Wax with Carnauba wax, great shine and covers everything.
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/bes...pe=&from=fn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back