need some car wash soap recommendations?

I guess i left out some key requirements

Im going to be using it in an electric foam lance to snow foam the car. 1L bottle.
In addition i need it to have dirt dissolving properties and not just a boat load of foam to look cool.

The main objective is to remove stuck on particles, and also forgo the 2 bucket method/minimize the contact wash
Is your car coated? If not, then Bilt Hamber Touchless or Koch Chemie Super Foam are going to be probably the most powerful you can get. If it is coated, I would not use such harsh chemicals all the time and I would look at pH neutral CarPro Reset most of the time and the occasional CarPro Lift, Labocosmetica Primus 2.0, or Koch Chemie Active Foam. Or, you can do what I do and use Koch Chemie GSF but add varying amounts of Green Star APC to it depending on how strong I want it. It can be a bit fickle to get the ratios right and have the foam you want, so if you use enough I'd get Touchless or Super Foam instead of that approach.

My X-Type has been sitting outside up North for a year. Despite a few washes, it was coated in a black grime that would not wash off with typical car soap. I ended up using Simple Green to get the layer off. Which strips everything. Not a great way to wash a car, as it leaves some streaks (where it sits too long) that just don't come out.

So I wonder if there is a car soap product that is halfway between paint stripper like strength of Simple Green and gentle soap.

My X-Type has been sitting outside up North for a year. Despite a few washes, it was coated in a black grime that would not wash off with typical car soap. I ended up using Simple Green to get the layer off. Which strips everything. Not a great way to wash a car, as it leaves some streaks (where it sits too long) that just don't come out.

So I wonder if there is a car soap product that is halfway between paint stripper like strength of Simple Green and gentle soap.
apcs on paint i know is a thing that some detailers use, but i dont feel courageous enough to use that safely on paint.

The two harshest car detail products i use are the tt hybrid solutions iron decon and purple power vehicle and boat wash as a traffic film remover (ph of 12). The roof of my vehicle has some brown streaks that both of these products, well at least the traffic film remover could not remove.

Is your car coated? If not, then Bilt Hamber Touchless or Koch Chemie Super Foam are going to be probably the most powerful you can get. If it is coated, I would not use such harsh chemicals all the time and I would look at pH neutral CarPro Reset most of the time and the occasional CarPro Lift, Labocosmetica Primus 2.0, or Koch Chemie Active Foam. Or, you can do what I do and use Koch Chemie GSF but add varying amounts of Green Star APC to it depending on how strong I want it. It can be a bit fickle to get the ratios right and have the foam you want, so if you use enough I'd get Touchless or Super Foam instead of that approach.
I'm partial to Adams Car care products as they are still somewhat small but offer a huge array of foam cannons, car wash waxes, detailer, trim shine etc. They're located in Thornton Colorado and ship all over. I met Adam the owner way back when his company consisted of himself his Wife and a couple of friends who were the sales, shipping, advertising, and customer service department all in one. The employees are super nice, very knowledgeable and can get you what you need. I don't work for them but continue to purchase their products. I was skeptical at first that a new detailing company could compete with the big boys like meguiars, Mothers, and Turtle Wax.

That black grime will rinse right off once it’s been soaked with all purpose cleaner.

I'm partial to Adams Car care products as they are still somewhat small but offer a huge array of foam cannons, car wash waxes, detailer, trim shine etc. They're located in Thornton Colorado and ship all over. I met Adam the owner way back when his company consisted of himself his Wife and a couple of friends who were the sales, shipping, advertising, and customer service department all in one. The employees are super nice, very knowledgeable and can get you what you need. I don't work for them but continue to purchase their products. I was skeptical at first that a new detailing company could compete with the big boys like meguiars, Mothers, and Turtle Wax.
Adam’s Strip Wash (acid) is a really good product for coating maintenance. I think their other soaps are just average but most of their products are high quality I agree.

Yep. Koch Chemie Green Star, Labocosmetica Ductile, DIY Detail All Clean, Stjarnagloss Forst (citrus), Sonax Multistar.

All very good alkaline paint safe APCs. Theres probably a lot of other similar products those are just ones I’ve used or know is well reviewed. Just don’t let them dry on the paint.

Look up Superior Products... They make concentrated cleaners, soaps, waxes, etc. for automated car washes but also for hand use... I use their Pink Perfection cut 3 to 1 with water for a prewash soak applied with a spray bottle...or, if using the foam cannon, I'll add in an ounce of their Cherry Foam car wash soap for a nice lather... that'll take all the road grime off and clean the wheels/tires too if using my electric power washer behind it... with no harm to the clear coat, etc. ... a quick rub with a wash mitt where, and if needed, and follow up with a spray mist of their Formula 4 spray wax (like car washes use) and it's slick and shiny and beading water all over again...
If the vehicle is just "dusty", I'll spray it off and use their Vehicle soap with wax for a quick wash that adds some shine too.
You can get their products at O'Reilly's but you'll have to order it as they don't keep them in stock... I order online and pick up at the store but, I guess you could have it delivered as well... I get mine by the gallon and it's very cost effective as it's concentrated and you only use a little... Their EZ Shine is great for a spray wax finish that really looks nice and is easy as can be to use...
I discovered their products by watching a youtube video with Scott of dallas paint correction and auto detailing when he was showing how he used the Formula 4 spray wax to eliminate spotting and steaking when washing a black vehicle in the sun... I searched their website and have been using their products for about three years now ... They are very effective and economical.

Hey bro! Just saw Walmart carries a new purple power wash/wax product for a very good price. Check it out!

1705507703464.jpg

I use Griots Brilliant finish for normal washes. Makes the cars look shinier than normal for some reason. As a wax replacement, I use the Griots 3 in one wash. You know the green 48oz bottle from NAPA. Lasts longer than previous conventional waxes and beads/shines like crazy even after the first wash. Seems to hold fine in the winter too. Meguiar's Car Wash Plus+ (what a stupid name) might be good as a strip wash for a really dirty car if you can source it. Supposedly it has a minor polishing element to it so don't use it on recently polished paint. Never used it though. Also potentially looking into getting some Simoniz Desalt for the winter for the salt residue.

for an english car , an english product :

simply and easy product . then you can use your shampoo.

In other parts of the world, Sonax calls it Gloss Shampoo but in a typical fashion, things are changed for the U.S. market and it's labeled Car Wash Shampoo. Very original; nonetheless, it's all I've been using for years and it does not disappoint.

Back