Toyota Traded Quality for Quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomer,

I read the article you provided and all it does is it proves the reports/issues were being covered up for an easy 6 years. I'm most sure they have allot of documents on someones desk wishing they haden't.

Corporate greed at it's best. Again at least the CEO and all the board members should step down but we all know they won't unless their names are mentioned in the paper.

Looks like Ford has halted some production in China.... Why???? They use the same company for the gas pedals...But I am sure that they were built to fords specs.....
18.gif

Originally Posted By: willix
All the major players have major recalls.....

It is how they handle them that sets them apart IMO.

I thought the part in question was made by ECS in Elkhart, Indiana. It's hard to believe that Ford would ship them to China to put in their cars there.

CTS supplies pedals and throttle assemblies to Honda,Nissan,Mitsubishi,Ford,and GM.

Maybe more,but not sure on any more OEMs.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Looks like Ford has halted some production in China.... Why???? They use the same company for the gas pedals...But I am sure that they were built to fords specs.....
18.gif

I'm no expert on auto parts suppliers but I'm pretty sure different automakers can set different specs even with the same supplier and part. I know of one case where a supplier was supplying I think some plastic air intake duct to Honda and GM. GM required the part to weigh a certain weight to be accepted and Honda did not.

CTS stated that 3% of their business for this particulat Toroto plant is from Toyota.

If that's the case, then that means there is potentially a lot more faulty DBW assemblies out there. Ford's new production stoppage, IMHO, is only the beginning. But time will tell.

All this depends... on whether it is a design issue or a manufacturing issue. If it's a design issue, then the plant in Ontario is absolved of responsibility, and the focus is on CTS and Toyota. If it's a manufacturing issue, then we have some reason to concern ourselves with other product that comes from the Ontario plant. First they have to bracket the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back