At Ford Quality is Now Problem 1

There are more issues with that first year (redesigned) Tundra than there should be.
I agree! The psychology of that FB group is fascinating. If you have not purchased a 2022 Tundra then you agree there are more problems than there should be for a 2022. The MOMENT someone buys one they go mental and in a completely transparent and hilarious manner start defending Tundras as just having normal "first-year issues" and post comments like, "202 miles and runs like top." Clearly, trying to convince themselves they truck is reliable and it's going to be fine...lol

Remember each vehicles brand is focust on certain vehicles as their main priority . Like ford is f150 series . Mustang . Expedition

Gm . Silverado . Corvett . Tahoe suv …. Camaro

Honda . Accord . Civic . Odyssey

Toyota Camry …. Tundra . Tacoma …

You get the point . Everything else is just extra and they don’t focust the quality on it so much

Dude, you have put a whopping 13,995 miles on it. I guess someone has to lower the bar for everyone. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: The peanut gallery is always there...I think you know what you can go do to yourself. Or would you like me to "lower the bar" and draw you a picture?

:rolleyes: The peanut gallery is always there...I think you know what you can go do to yourself. Or would you like me to "lower the bar" and draw you a picture?
Methinks lowering the bar may be your forte....

Last edited:
Ford comes out with the new gen 7 Mustang and the GT comes again with the POS Getrag 6 speed manual........

Last edited by a moderator:
Toyota Camry …. Tundra . Tacoma … Prius … RAV4… Highlander … Sienna
Fixed and added the real money-makers & and bread & butter for Toyota. I think the Tundra/Sequoia loses money for them - especially since Ford sells more F-150s and GM sells more Tahoes/Suburbans in comparison.

I added in the Prius - primarily because Uber drivers and cabbies(NYC, LA/SF and Chicago have rules with taxis to be low emissions, else they would be clutching onto P71 Crown Vics for a long time) still give Toyota a reason to keep on building them.

These quotes perfectly explain the current state of Ford and the auto industry as a whole. That old saying that you can make it good or you can make it cheap but you can't make it good and cheap. As an armchair CEO, I think it's easy to see ordering the cheapest parts will have an impact on the quality of your product but what do I know...

“I think our industry and many industries got to the point where they were chasing the last few pennies (when negotiating on parts prices), and from a risk profile that might not have been the best move,” Mr Lawler told media in the lead-up to the 2022 Detroit motor show.

“One thing we’re learning about the whole semiconductor crisis that’s happening globally is that the traditional low (profit) margin auto industry took just-in-time (manufacturing), and … the lowest cost as the number one priority.

Fixed and added the real money-makers & and bread & butter for Toyota. I think the Tundra/Sequoia loses money for them - especially since Ford sells more F-150s and GM sells more Tahoes/Suburbans in comparison.
Maybe they lose money on them, maybe not. I'd think that, after this many years, they'd have ditched it by now, if that was the case.

They don't have to sell a million of them per year in order to have a business case. They just have to have whatever ROI they expected. Maybe this fills some hole that they feel needs to be filled, despite not being a cash cow. [Or maybe it is? it's not like Tundra got very many updates, maybe they milked their initial investment for all it was worth, and their ROI was in the years that everyone called it "behind the times".]

Good thing I wasn't planning on buying any time soon. :)

Hey, at least they're being honest. Who would believe that they could fix all the issues, including the culture that would have created this in the first place, overnight?

I am trying to understand what they are attempting to accomplish by monitoring social media. 94.8% of drivers do not understand the mechanical side of cars and the 5.2% that do are not on social media (for the most part).
Well, I'd say it's a good idea -- a way to see what owners are saying about their products. Could be lots of small things that that aren't enough to take the car in for warranty repair. Or it could be other things like NVH issues, narrow seats (Ford Edge), clunky shifts, etc. A fiend of mine who works for MGM Mirage says each of their hotels has a person who reads and responds to comments on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I think that's fairly common in all kinds of businesses these days.

Back