This is what's wrong with Millenials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millenials have been of voting age for up to 19 yrs now. They aren't free and clear of the responsibility in the massive rise in our public debt over the past 1-2 decades.

Originally Posted By: VeryNoisyPoet
Humanity has always had far more pockets of strangeness than any of us would realize or like to admit. The internet just makes it easier for those people to find each other, and makes it more visible to the rest of us.

Millenials don't have a great reputation, though how much of that is because their antics make a good story for people to grouch about or laugh at? I teach kids of that age (13-18) and they're also laughing (or cringing) at the dumb stuff you see on the news like people eating tide pods or setting themselves on fire for views.

Generalizations and what makes for good entertainment or shock value are the problem here. Just like how it seems from watching the news that crime is way up and way worse everywhere even when statistics say otherwise simply because events are better reported and more visible now than even the 90s.

Hmm. You may have a point. Millenials have lived their entire lives with the internet, and online, and perhaps live more of their lives online than in person. So perhaps they feel less inhibition to being themselves online, and thus look more ridiculous than the rest of us, despite the rest of us not really being any better?

Although that first vid looked over the top to me. I still think it's a prank.

What’s wrong with millennial you ask? They received [censored] poor parenting from previous generations. Wait, not all were bad parents? That’s what’s wrong with people making generalizations.

Also, most people correlate the generational term millennial as a negative thing. What people fail to realize is the actual age group of millennials. All millennials are older than 22 now, the oldest are 36.

They are screwballs no doubt, but i would not characterize a generation based on those. Like was said above, there are whackjobs in every age group.

This should be locked by tomorrow,,,u got political going on now,,some one will get their feelings hurt,,,imho..

I had to look up Millenials and IBTL. Whatever "they" are, they will be the old folks some day. The small kids living in their screens is what I wonder about.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
You know what’s wrong with Millennials?, The generation of parents who raised them, so go take a look in the mirror and look at the source.

I'm one of those, I have looked in the mirror a LOT. We never pampered the boy, and both of us worked and set a good example. Got him through school and college, etc. Scouts, etc.

They got it from the education environment and their peers ... The "I'm entitled" thing is hard on everyone. The singular self focus is really hard to get around. 46 and failed relationships, etc. I watch as the first thoughts are ALWAYS what should I do here about me ... Seldom is the first thought about anyone else ...

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
No comment
whistle.gif

I don't want another thread deleted

By a raise of hands here, how many here think they own a firearm for home defense/protection?
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
They're [censored] lazy. That's what's wrong.

Yeah but they aren't sleeping alone. They're happy, who cares.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Yeah but they aren't sleeping alone.

Hey-O!

We have a millenial couple living next door. Hardest working people I have ever met. 3 kids she works full time, he works 2 jobs, they are always either helping a neighbor. When I was real sick a couple years ago they offered to help, they did a few things for us with lightning speed and than apologized for taking so long! So let's not generalize here....

Im 35 so I guess I fall in that group but I dont use the term millenial to reflect an age group but rather some heavily entitled people who know nothing of hard work and expect equal benefit. I know people starting a job and expect to get same schedule as someone who worked for company for 20 years...and they think thats owed to them and a normal expectation..like watttt?

Originally Posted By: John_K
We have a millenial couple living next door. Hardest working people I have ever met. 3 kids she works full time, he works 2 jobs, they are always either helping a neighbor. When I was real sick a couple years ago they offered to help, they did a few things for us with lightning speed and than apologized for taking so long! So let's not generalize here....

I wouldnt consider them as "millenials". You can say they are Generation Y! I wouldnt box everyone into that extended age range and classify as 1 type of people. If entitled and 30 years old, no job experience, live with mom and dad still and expect 60k min salary , manager title and an 8-5 schedule, than yes, i may say they are millenials!

You know what’s wrong with Millennials?, The generation of parents who raised them, so go take a look in the mirror and look at the source.

"Raised them"? You misspoke. The generation that FAILED to raise them!

Originally Posted By: ammolab

"Raised them"? You misspoke. The generation that FAILED to raise them!

01.gif

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Yeah but they aren't sleeping alone.

Hey-O!

Oh wow...

Yep. True indeed. I was born in 75 by the way.. World champions from my era expected teachers, the television, and someone else or anyone else to teach them right from wrong, how to work hard, how to appreciate other people, or to work for what you want to have, or how to work on yourself in order to make yourself better and much more than this... I don't have children. But I seen children raised well and others not so well. More of the latter.

Biggest undertaking, task, legacy one does in this life??? Far and away bringing another human being into this world. Far, far, far bigger than buying a car or house. And yet many and I mean many people take ZERO thought into what it means to be a part of such a monumental task. Or how much effort, time, attention, care and difficulty that raising a child really takes. Many people of my time abdicated this huge responsibility to other people or things around them.

Last edited:
My 'millenial' son just got made up to consultant at his hospital after 15 years of working like stink. These people are miles better than us grumpy old 'boomers'.

Oh, and he doesn't own a gun because he's not paranoid or scared of his own shadow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back