Is your permanent email account free, or paid?

The email account that you consider your permanent or main account, is it free, or do you pay for it?

Mine is at gmail and dates back to 2005, and it's free. I'm always at 97% full, but I really don't want to pay $1.99/mo.

The good news is I just deleted videos of my son's baptism, so I gained 1.2 gb / 15 gb (I did download them) :ROFLMAO:

Storage seems similar to our quest for electricity, our appetites are unlimited, but our resources are in fact limited.

Free. Got in 1998 or 2000? not sure.

Although the one I use the most is my work address.

I have 4. Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail and Proton. I used Yahoo for business use (utilities, forums, public records, you ask my email this is what I'll give you [LOL :ROFLMAO: ], etc.). Outlook for family and friends. Gmail for finances and Proton as backup. Yahoo is the only email I have bombarded by ads and spams. All 4 are FREE

Last edited:
Gmail - free. In a similar boat with the storage, just downloaded April 2023 photos, backed them up and deleted them from the cloud last night to make space so it wasn't a panic download when i get to 14+gb full.

Free.

My wife graduated from Brown and has an .edu address she has used to get discounts on things. That is despite it being changed to [email protected].
interesting that they've added alumni. Could be that they are simply running into duplicates of the same name, and an active student maybe should get the email address and not have a "1" or "2" inserted. Yet at the same time, that could get dangerous too to reuse...just speculation on my part. I've found my wife gets all kinds of discounts as an educator, but not nearly as many or as much as a student would...

Yahoo business is $5 a month.
I have been online since 1995 but I can't stand Gmail...the rage of our youth but I think it is worthless...
I really don’t care for gMail either. I have one but it’s not my primary and I regularly shut off notifications because there’s so much spam.

I use iCloud. Free and easy to set up if you have Apple products.

I use gmail and iCloud for certain messages such as job applications, etc. iCloud for those mainly since it feels more “professional”.

Gmail is more for transacting purchases, etc. I have two accounts there, the other is for miscellaneous.

I have a paid domain that I use for banking and the like since I control the administration. (Hence, it’s amusing for scammers attempting to pose as the “admin” for my domain).

Yahoo is for things that I know will get spammed and such, so it’s a repository for junk.

I used to have a Hotmail from 25 years back, along with my “[email protected]” account. Those accounts went dormant long ago and I don’t use them even if I could.

I’ll have to explore Outlook.com for some other uses.

The email account that you consider your permanent or main account, is it free, or do you pay for it?

Mine is at gmail and dates back to 2005, and it's free. I'm always at 97% full, but I really don't want to pay $1.99/mo.

The good news is I just deleted videos of my son's baptism, so I gained 1.2 gb / 15 gb (I did download them) :ROFLMAO:

Storage seems similar to our quest for electricity, our appetites are unlimited, but our resources are in fact limited.
I think as humans we are horders, like rodents we will eat ourselves to death if given the chance.
My wife and I have been throwing stuff out for a while now but the big dump was right before we moved into a new home.

Think about it. As you get older what kids will want to go through 1000s of photos/videos and all the other electronic junk we have.
I have a goal for my thousands of photos which I am getting better at deleting now. My goal is to delate most all of them someday and print out maybe 12 select photos from every year if that.

We use many free accounts, seem to like outlook the best but also Proton mail I have one paid account. I also pay $1 a month for additional space on Apple and also have iCloud mail. I dont really have a main account, I have about 10... working on that to get to maybe 3 plus my wife's.
Regarding email, I ask myself as I delete and eliminate accounts why do I need decade old email? What is so important" Answer - nothing.

As far as free email Outlook (aka Hotmail, Live) to me is king. It's fantastic the "SWEEP" button completely allows you to control all incoming mail and makes it effortless to delete pages of emails from the same party with just one click.
I can even automatically delete mail you do not want coming in or it can save the last one to come in on a regular basis and get rid of the previous. It can also hold emails for 10 days then delete, all automatically never has to be reset.

I never use gmail and avoid anything google.

Last edited:
Back