Superbowl Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to wife's coworker. They're making brisket. I'm bringing some scratch baked beans. This is all I know.

12 lb turkey on a Traeger @ 225 degrees with the addition of two smoke sticks to add more smoke. I will probably make mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. With the leftovers I will make turkey salad sandwiches. Maybe a Coors light or some IPA beer.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
It's pasta [censored].
LOL at the censor!

[censored]! How about that! f-a-g-i-o-l-i is not a word that should be censored. It's on every menu at every Olive Garden restaurant.

Last edited:
I had to work around the censor in order to spell the dish. I'm fluent in Italian BTW.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GSCJR
I had to work around the censor in order to spell the dish. I'm fluent in Italian BTW.

LOL. crazy.

I'm trying to smoke a brisket but my kamado is too hot and won't cool down. The vents are barely open. Just open a hair and I got it down from 425 to 385°F. I'm afraid if I close the vents any more, the fire will go out.

Pizza and beer! Nothing special with the beer though, just Natural Light. Although may have to get some eggplant parm. and cannoli. Had a good workout earlier so won't feel too guilty about it, 45 mins on stairmaster followed by weights.
smile.gif

o.jpg

1.jpg

e.jpg

o5B1IUS4Z.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean SS; I started my workout earlier today knowing what was to come for dinner. I don't drink alcohol much but I think I might have a couple of bottles of Castello left over from last year (2018) which might go good with dinner tonight, if they're still good. Looks tasty!

SS, that looks delicious.

I'm currently sipping Stella and munching on chips and salsa I made this morning. As usual, I ended up making it too spicy. Oh well, I guess I'll eat less of it.
smile.gif

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That made me laugh out loud & almost made me spew my amber colored sipping goodness; rock on, leatherneck.

Originally Posted by marine65
Originally Posted by ofelas
Just started smoking a brisket.

glad to hear you are not vaping.

GSCJR - plenty brisket, bourbon 7 a barnful of oil f you ever care to drive by rural ON - I'm a sucker for punishment, always seems to work out where I spend winters in ON, summers in the SE/SW, and Spring/Fall on overseas contract. Winters in ON being the key masochistic event.

Thanks ofelas! Likewise! There's always enough at our dinner table to feed more people and I could show you my clearance stash, LOL. I live and work in the GTA but spend my vacation time in south Florida.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by pandus13
Tacos.
The kids love it.

We where watching Angry Birds....

What channel?

Local Library borrow. Don't have cable. (I didn't even know SuperBowl was on... if it wasn't for the BITOG threads)

What's the big deal? Food is food. Why be different for just a football game? SMH!
coffee2.gif

Apparently reading comprehension is missing fro you in the entire sub-topic Foods/Cooking/Beverages ? We need a vent people's mad at the world problems sub-topic.

Kids loved our Superbowl food and we never watch football btw. They get excited over the snacks and wife and I made Scallops/Bacon and PEI Mussels in wine/bacon/cream reduction for the "occasion". The other real food was homemade crispy thin cut fries.

Originally Posted by madRiver
What's the big deal? Food is food. Why be different for just a football game? SMH!
coffee2.gif

Apparently reading comprehension is missing fro you in the entire sub-topic Foods/Cooking/Beverages ? We need a vent people's mad at the world problems sub-topic.

Kids loved our Superbowl food and we never watch football btw. They get excited over the snacks and wife and I made Scallops/Bacon and PEI Mussels in wine/bacon/cream reduction for the "occasion". The other real food was homemade crispy thin cut fries.

It's still just another FB game.
What did you expect me to type, 20 whole bbq chickens and a half a side of beef?
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back