steak with garlic salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: alreadygone
For any not too high and mighty to try something new (and not graranteed organic, mineralized, low sodium, etc.) "Dale's" marinade gives an excellent almost molases (but not sweet)flavor to any steak cut. I'll take a ribeye marinated approx 1hr in Dale's home cooked over any steak I've ever paid anyone else to cook.

Bob

Beef short ribs marinated with soy sauce mixture actually in my opinion has more flavor. Kalbi style with real pineapples mixed for little cane sugar, chopped green onions, garlic, ginger sesame oil, sesame seed and soy sauce. Actually I prefer the short ribs in large gathering...can't understand cold grilled steak when they show up late or it just the way the time it takes before being served.

I did try the soy sauce mix on steak years ago. I'll have it on beef short ribs...only way to go. I see your point.

For any not too high and mighty to try something new (and not graranteed organic, mineralized, low sodium, etc.) "Dale's" marinade gives an excellent almost molases (but not sweet)flavor to any steak cut. I'll take a ribeye marinated approx 1hr in Dale's home cooked over any steak I've ever paid anyone else to cook.

Bob

Cafe Pesto has a soy sauce with green onion ribeye steak. Highly regarded and different from other prepared steaks.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Really not a fan of table salt, taste is not appealing(my opinion). Use sea salt instead. For grilling use Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt.

The only salt I use is Hawaiian sea salt.

I scored a couple sacks when I was on the islands last week. Great stuff!! I watched the native girls make ahi poke with the red salt as well. Tasty.

Bob

And he's right. It has a perfect taste for steak. But it's chock full of MSG!

Actually, for my primo fav NY strip, nothing but fresh garlic and cracked peppercorns.

NEVER any salt on it. This only toughens the meat.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Bob

And he's right. It has a perfect taste for steak. But it's chock full of MSG!

Actually, for my primo fav NY strip, nothing but fresh garlic and cracked peppercorns.

NEVER any salt on it. This only toughens the meat.

http://lifehacker.com/5571192/seven-myths-about-grilling-a-steak

^ nice post...I agree with everything they said, even though the pic of the steak they used has obviously been "flipped" twice to make those grill marks...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back