14 steaks you should avoid.

eed, "I Don't Know How To Cook These Steaks, So I Don't Buy Them" would be a better title.
That's not how you draw readers in. In their minds, they all are the world's greatest chefs. I know I'm not the greatest - among the top three probably. On that note, another mummified rat picture is on its way!

EDIT: I had to edit my slop!

List is stupid...every part of an animal should be used...and it's price should reflect it's utility/effort in getting a good result.

I'm interested in Sous viding a big chuck, then throwing it on charcoal...just for gigs.

List is stupid...every part of an animal should be used...and it's price should reflect it's utility/effort in getting a good result.

I'm interested in Sous viding a big chuck, then throwing it on charcoal...just for gigs.
Chuck = super versatile. I just made a Frenchish red wine oven slow roast 210°F.

But I've smoked, then into the crock pot smokey chili and everything in between.

If you know what you are looking for you can get a great steak off of a chuck roast. Denver steak. I buy when chuck's are 3.99 on sale and I buy according to what the Denver muscle looks like. Then I cut the steaks out and grind the rest.

This is a decent one. I would personally choose this one over the second one because the grind would be better with the other 2/3 of the roast.

1707876327469.jpg

This is a very good one

1707876406832.jpg

Avoid these.

1707876481769.jpg

Sorry but I won't give up my Tri-tip, T-bone and Tomahawk steaks. Surprised they didn't add Ribeye to the mix. :rolleyes:
I’m not sold on their list. Many are an acquired taste, and there’s no way I’d rank certain cuts as poorly as they do. That’s the beauty of capitalism… those who read and listen to dumb articles keep my favorite cuts of steak affordable! 🤣

If you know what you are looking for you can get a great steak off of a chuck roast. Denver steak. I buy when chuck's are 3.99 on sale and I buy according to what the Denver muscle looks like. Then I cut the steaks out and grind the rest.

This is a decent one. I would personally choose this one over the second one because the grind would be better with the other 2/3 of the roast.

View attachment 203489

This is a very good one

View attachment 203491

Avoid these.

View attachment 203492
Hmm, I will need to try this. I will cut the steak and the dogs can have the rest. Yes, if you believe in reincarnation you want to come back as my dog.

Back