steak with garlic salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I eat steak maybe 4 times a year if I'm lucky. Unless it comes off the grill sizzled and hot I don't care for it when it gets warm or cold. Half of pound of steak is more than enough for me. I'll also grill eggplant and corn on the cob with it. It's nice to eat it once in a while. My body actually doesn't like beef. Maybe thin sliced(1/4 pound or less) with sliced round onions, green peppers, mushrooms and thin sliced carrots.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Rare among people that eat sensibly. There are many health nuts that think salt is bad though, and they tend to avoid it like the plague. They eat vegan raw foods diets with zero salt, which can makes things worse. These are the people in danger the most.

It's hard to avoid salt but not if you eat whole foods like I do, which is why I add salt.

Is salt Good or Bad

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] that's what oatmeal is for

It's better to try to eat a healthy diet of many whole foods (as I noted above) and not rely too much on any one food like oatmeal. Eat balanced meals at each meal, and then you don't need to eat a meal of oatmeal by itself, which really is not a balanced meal.

If you don't eat 1 pound of meat a one meal you might be OK.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Originally Posted By: Lurch
Rare among people that eat sensibly. There are many health nuts that think salt is bad though, and they tend to avoid it like the plague. They eat vegan raw foods diets with zero salt, which can makes things worse. These are the people in danger the most.

It's hard to avoid salt but not if you eat whole foods like I do, which is why I add salt.

Is salt Good or Bad

Never use refine salt it's bad for your health. This is where I order my salt from. . You can replace your table salt with the fine grade Hawaiian Alaea Red Salt. This doesn't have that strong salt taste like other salts.

I don't think refined salt is in general "bad for your health". It just doesn't have all the minerals of RealSalt. If you eat nutrient dense whole foods you get minerals from them so the RealSalt isn't as important.

Refined salt is usually just Na Cl [sodium chloride] and these two minerals are very important electrolytes, and if you're low in them, can be very beneficial.

From that site:

Quote:
Regular over the counter table salt is one of the worst things for you!

Bee Pluucky. Without NaCl you would be quite dead.

Quote:
The 'Alaea added to the salt is merely a tasteless and odorless additive to provide minerals for the human body. 'Alaea is basically baked Hawaiian red clay. (The 'Alaea is what turns the salt the red color.)

While I'm all for the right minerals......you are buying dirt...I hope they check it for Pb, As, Cr, etc..

Expensive - but I will say this - at least they aren't charging super crazy Hawaii tourist prices like most Hawaii stuff.

As for salty taste - a lot of that is grain size, not mineral content. Fine grain salt tastes salty!

Italian breaded steak is the way to go if you like a lot of seasoning. They had an amazingly good deal going on some great tomato sauce at the grocery today, so since I'm stocked up anyway I think I might toss one of the steaks I have in the refrigerator in some breadcrumbs and make a meal out of it. Green beans (I actually just ate a huge bowl of them... raw and not quite raw, which are both perfect) and mushrooms have sounded really good too lately, not sure what else I'll make with it yet. I throw all kinds of rubs on mine when I'm grilling, or I can basically just eat it plain or with salt and pepper, or a marinade. Depends on the cut and quality of the steak really. If you need minerals that bad, go drink some mineral water, or take some vitamins for God's sake. I drink it because I love it anyway and I have to find something to replace the alcohol because I'm going [censored] insane. *breathing* Actually no, I'm doing ok. Everything is fine. Must be something in the tap water!
grin2.gif

I think the reason why some people have trouble with too much salt is if they eat too much processed food, restaurant food, or fast food, which are all usually high in salt. If you eat whole foods you tend to not have salt problems, because whole foods are naturally high in potassium, which balances with salt..

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
I spinkle on pepper and time later Pablo!!! I know my spelling is not good but is it realy that Importent??? Its not like we are getting grades or any thing and I think for a high shool dropout I dont do that poorley!!! That you say my Words are worse than foul langauge is meen because I totally object to dirty language!! You say Im dysfunctionel but dont know about my accident so you may want to be a bit more Sensative when it comes to other peoples' fealings!!! Dont be so stuck up and maybe you're headache will go away

Spelling and grammer mistakes..

dude, don't be so harsh
32.gif

It's funny how the Grammar Nazis always misspell something or forget punctuation when pointing out the flaws of the 'offender.' I've seen this happen too many times to count. Always gets a chuckle, though.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
From that site:

Quote:
Regular over the counter table salt is one of the worst things for you!

Bee Pluucky. Without NaCl you would be quite dead.

Quote:
The 'Alaea added to the salt is merely a tasteless and odorless additive to provide minerals for the human body. 'Alaea is basically baked Hawaiian red clay. (The 'Alaea is what turns the salt the red color.)

While I'm all for the right minerals......you are buying dirt...I hope they check it for Pb, As, Cr, etc..

Expensive - but I will say this - at least they aren't charging super crazy Hawaii tourist prices like most Hawaii stuff.

As for salty taste - a lot of that is grain size, not mineral content. Fine grain salt tastes salty!

Price is a little more than I could get from mass produce locally but quality wise I'm willing to pay the extra. This is quality sea salt and check the price of what others sell.

I don't use much salt but few a grains on meals. And yes I use but course grain.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

Spelling and grammer mistakes..

You misspelled grammar.

And it should be 'misteaks' since this thread is about steaks.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
You missed some.
Tie him to a weighted rope and sink him to the bottom of the ocean!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Julian
I drink it because I love it anyway and I have to find something to replace the alcohol because I'm going [censored] insane. *breathing* Actually no, I'm doing ok. Everything is fine. Must be something in the tap water!
grin2.gif

I crack myself open up! Probably shouldn't do that too often or I'll go...
56.gif
grin2.gif

For any not too high and mighty to try something new (and not graranteed organic, mineralized, low sodium, etc.) "Dale's" marinade gives an excellent almost molases (but not sweet)flavor to any steak cut. I'll take a ribeye marinated approx 1hr in Dale's home cooked over any steak I've ever paid anyone else to cook.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back