steak with garlic salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Lurch
That'll hopefully teach y'all to complain about someone's spelling, which, to me, is kind of like telling someone outright that they have bad breath.

I would hope someone told me that I had bad breath since I can do something about it.

Some things are better left unsaid.

Those things would be stuff that I can't do anything about - like ugly, etc.
lol.gif

RealSalt has about 70 minerals in it.
That brand is great, it actually tastes a little sweet. It's really good on mushrooms! Random factoid: craving salt can be a symptom of adrenal fatigue.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:
Sometimes being honest is more important than being nice, somehow in this 2009 (fake)"culture of nice" this is lost.

Yes but maybe some people have a good reason for not being able to finish school and not being able to spell some words. Maybe they had to quit school and go to work to support their mother or siblings. Even if they don't have a good reason, who are we to judge?

Not judging the person, helping the person. Big difference. Besides - finishing school, further academic education is not necessary to step one's communication skills up a notch or two.

The cool thing about a spell checker? It's actually a great learning tool. Some folks will say spell check is a crutch, but actually it's a simple way to learn spelling - I mean who wants the silly look up table underlining words all the time? Just beat the spell checker and learn the easy way.

Is the OP still alive?

Is the OP still alive?

I've been wondering about that, too. His symptoms didn't sound good. Hopefully he has insurance and will get good care.

Yeah, I hear you about spell checker. I use it sometimes. Only thing is, you run the risk of making people mad if you complain about their spelling. Self appointed forum spell cops can be annoying to some people.

I'm not sure if you made the OP mad but it's possible.
21.gif

Recently on another forum I made a reply to a man that ALWAYS spells "lose" as "loose". I told him "you LOSE weight, not "LOOSE" weight". They got mad at me and to this day, the dude still spells lose as "loose". It's VERY common to see people misspell lose. I've seen it dozens of times on the net. I guess it's one of those words that many people can't get straight.

Even this site has a spell check that underlines words if I misspell them.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Is the OP still alive?

I've been wondering about that, too. His symptoms didn't sound good. Hopefully he has insurance and will get good care.

He's still alive. Look, he was on today!

bitog.jpg

Notice the google search for "how to take a screenshot"
lol.gif

Viewing that OP pic set off the Web of Trust (WOT) on Firefox as a poor to very poor reputation site... this a hoax to get spammed?

Here is the Update on what happend to me since I last posted. After my tongue swelled up and became purple i drove myself to the hospital on Sunday night!!! they asked me a bunch of questions and when I said I may have had tainted beaf earlier they wanted a sample but i had finished all of it!! They did some tests and said i had staff poisoning probably the meat was to blame. They gave me fluids intraveniosly and gave me something to combat the diarhia and the vomiting. By monday evening I felt much better. They didn't let me eat anything and let me only drink some liquid yogurt and gatorade. On monday evening my wife was suposed to come back from visiting her family. her Uncle Peter died last week. Our three kid's are still at my cousins. The hospital let me call at home and leave a massage for my Wife so she knew where to find me when shed come home by the end of the week. On Tuesday I started getting all antsy and agitated. I think thats because my Wife never showed up!!! I started seeing grimaces in the dark and was hallusinating. I didnt have a fever and the doctor wasnt shure what was wrong and gave me a mild seditive. My gut felt much better but I was wobbly when I went to the bathroom. Before Tuesday they gave m a bedpan!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I should go home but they said I had to stay another day to make shure I was allright. Late night on Tuesday i couldnt stand it any longer and I checked myself secretly out it was like in a movie!!! I had trouble finding my car because I couldnt remamber where I had parked. I finally found it and drove all the way from Saint Johns back to Rohnert Park. Turns out my Wife had not yet returned and was clueless!!! I took a shower and made myself some mash potatoes because I was so hungry from not eating anyhting since Sunday!!!! I also had a beer and was that good!! I slept for a few hours and got up. Because I was bored I went on Bitog. Suddenly I didn't feel so good and had I thought their was more diaria coming but no?!! At that time I got a call from the hospital they had been looking for me. I told them I had gotten worse and they sent an ambulance to come get me. The doctors gave me an MRi and said I had a bowl obstruction. They gave me some laxitives and two enemies. Im not a prude but it was so embareassing I almost dyed off shame right their!!!!! What an oredeal i wish it on no body!! They finaly released me ealier today. I am not allowed to eat anything but yogurt Zweiback and drink Insure until Monday when I have to go back to get checked out again!! The doctor also said I would have to loose some weight because Im doing real dammage to my body!!! Im just glad my Wife missed the hole commotion. Shes coming back tomorrow and is picking up the kids at my cousins along teh way. ill be so happy to see the mall!

Im not mad when people make fun off my spelling although it does get a little tedius!! I have tried the spell checker but it is frustrating when I have to choose the rihgt word from a lenghty list off options. before my accident a few year's ago I was a much better speller but I had to learn reading and writing from the beginning!! Its not that easy when your 29 years old. I read as much as I can and they let me use the computer at work to orginize the cleaning schedule for the whole theatre all 16 auditorium's. I do waht I can even if its not good enouhg for some!!!

Yeah, I hear you about spell checker. I use it sometimes. Only thing is, you run the risk of making people mad if you complain about their spelling. Self appointed forum spell cops can be annoying to some people.

I'm not sure if you made the OP mad but it's possible.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
They gave me some laxitives and two enemies.........Wife missed the hole commotion.

Now that there is hilarious!!!

(Glad you are on the mend - wow)

A friend of mine (who is a real steak conneseur just like me) was at a high end steak house this year and having his favorite steak (a rib eye) and it was the best he had ever had. He asked them what they put on it and he was told all they used for seasoning was garlic salt! Since then, any time him or I have cooked up rib eyes, that's all we've used on them before putting them on the BBQ. With a good cut of meat, that's all the seasoning you need! Save the marinades for the less flavor full cuts like the New York Striploin (which is tasty with the right marinade, but without it I find quite lacking in flavor)

I absolutely love steak, it's my favorite food! I'm going out for dinner tonight at the Keg Steakhouse and can't wait to have a Keg sized Filet Mignon! (my favorite!)

Glad to see you back and that you're OK now. I hope you recover fast.

You do a good job spelling as far as I'm concerned. I can understand what you're saying OK. Don't worry too much about the spell checker. :0)

They gave me some laxitives and two enemies.

Who were the two enemies? Are you allowed to release their names?

Originally Posted By: Patman
A friend of mine (who is a real steak conneseur just like me) was at a high end steak house this year and having his favorite steak (a rib eye) and it was the best he had ever had. He asked them what they put on it and he was told all they used for seasoning was garlic salt! Since then, any time him or I have cooked up rib eyes, that's all we've used on them before putting them on the BBQ. With a good cut of meat, that's all the seasoning you need! Save the marinades for the less flavor full cuts like the New York Striploin (which is tasty with the right marinade, but without it I find quite lacking in flavor)

I absolutely love steak, it's my favorite food! I'm going out for dinner tonight at the Keg Steakhouse and can't wait to have a Keg sized Filet Mignon! (my favorite!)

Patman, you haven't lived or had steak until you have had it from Ruths Chris steakhouse. There is a location near Square One shopping mall. It's expensive but it is the best you will ever have. http://www.ruthschris.com/

Maybe the names will come out if there is more hole commotion.

crackmeup2.gif

Seriously though, I hope he feels better soon.

Im not mad when people make fun off my spelling although it does get a little tedius!! I have tried the spell checker but it is frustrating when I have to choose the rihgt word from a lenghty list off options. before my accident a few year's ago I was a much better speller but I had to learn reading and writing from the beginning!! Its not that easy when your 29 years old. I read as much as I can and they let me use the computer at work to orginize the cleaning schedule for the whole theatre all 16 auditorium's. I do waht I can even if its not good enouhg for some!!!

I promise you one thing : it will never be me to make fun of your spelling. I see nothing funny about it at all. As a matter of fact, I think some people are really childish and mean to take any opportunity to pick on someone for things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back