Senator Feinstein has passed. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
Dianne Feinstein has passed after decades of service to our country.
Love her or hate her, it does not matter; please show respect for her service.
You may offer civil thoughts, etc.

PS ....
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
If you induce politics into the thread (including any remotely political links), you're going to get an automatic time-off.

Last edited:
In my job, I get to meet various high net worth people, along with various upper echelon political types. I always find it interesting how friendly the political types are. They generally come across as very, very nice people, which of course, is the secret to their success. From Trump, to Biden, to Jimmy Buffet, I have known or have met many. There is one that involved a verbal altercation on multiple occasions, involving a demand for pizza (like my old chief pilot was the pizza delivery boy), and it's not DF, it was HC. She was the only one who was "not nice"

Way back, Herb Caen, in the Cron, wrote, "We have our own Lady Di". It stuck. Senator Feinstein opened, no broke down, a lot of doors.

I think this is going to be a continuing trend that we are going to see. There are many Senators, and Congress people who are up there in age, and whom have served many years, and terms. From my own POV, I cannot understand why someone wants to continue to serve well into old age. Most all of these people could enjoy their remaining years feeling a warm ocean breeze blowing on their face or doing whatever they want without any care in the world.

In my job, I get to meet various high net worth people, along with various upper echelon political types. I always find it interesting how friendly the political types are. They generally come across as very, very nice people, which of course, is the secret to their success. From Trump, to Biden, to Jimmy Buffet, I have known or have met many. There is one that involved a verbal altercation on multiple occasions, involving a demand for pizza (like my old chief pilot was the pizza delivery boy), and it's not DF, it was HC. She was the only one who was "not nice"
Heard the same from a Corporate pilot - many of the executives were just like the impression you had already … Some would not let them off the flight deck (3 pilots) and some said I’ll take the back half and you guys take the front …

My first introduction to her was when she announced the murder of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk.

She was my Senator for over 30 years. I recall she was sworn into office sooner in 1992 because she had won a special election and her term was only a little over 2 years, but that gave her seniority over other Senators elected in the same election.

I just received this randomly a few days ago. She was President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors and had a bet with the developer for the Pier 39 project as to whether they would open on schedule. She lost and had to wear this to the grand opening, although it looks like hedge clippers she’s holding. The bet was actually that she’d wear a bikini.

YMLLTgKbxQpmlUc4sdHFSs5iRyG4AjksHWu5soeP6q6IjTYgyyhCRxyWlpW6re0_fNuEZJFKiLYavMH_gLdBeuwsQZISIEV_M9B4wV3o8XkIHqHXWeQ2QMNWO8Nwf7cgS7iIEmjbWoqoVbB0NfKg7vP52g=s0-d-e1-ft

I think this is going to be a continuing trend that we are going to see. There are many Senators, and Congress people who are up there in age, and whom have served many years, and terms. From my own POV, I cannot understand why someone wants to continue to serve well into old age. Most all of these people could enjoy their remaining years feeling a warm ocean breeze blowing on their face or doing whatever they want without any care in the world.
Well said. You reminded me of Washington's Farewell Address.

My first introduction to her was when she announced the murder of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk.
I will never forget that day. You probably know she was the one who found Supervisor Milk and applied CPR in an attempt to save him.

You attract more flies with honey than vinegar. Being personable, nice and sometimes just going with the flow, yet not being a pushover. Supposedly a number of past Actors/Actresses who were either total jerks, difficult to work with, or did things their way like it or not have more or less had Hollywood saying enough already. I'm sure less so but with politicians it certainly helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back