Senator Feinstein has passed. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
She certainly served our country for a long time.

As a side note… What I can’t get my head wrapped around is why folks like her and many others (Grassley, McConnel, Biden, Pelosi, etc) chose to stay so long. I for one have no interest or intention of dying while I’m still working at age 90. I plan to be out at 55 doing what I want. I don’t know if it’s the power trip or the yearning to serve or something else.

Just my $0.02

It is sad when someone passes away like Diane.

I saw a picture of her about a year ago and I put a post on another site thought she had a major medical event.. I felt very concerned for her at that time…

I met an amazing lady who was 96 years old and was in amazingly great physical and cognitive condition. She looked 20 plus years younger than her age.

And she still drove a car. With zero issues i guarantee.

Dianne Feinstein has passed after decades of service to our country.
Love her or hate her, it does not matter; please show respect for her service.
You may offer civil thoughts, etc.

PS ....
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
If you induce politics into the thread (including any remotely political links), you're going to get an automatic time-off.

exactly. Trailblazer in many ways, like RBG.
or Thurgood Marshall.

next man up. ( or woman)

My first introduction to her was when she announced the murder of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk.

She was my Senator for over 30 years. I recall she was sworn into office sooner in 1992 because she had won a special election and her term was only a little over 2 years, but that gave her seniority over other Senators elected in the same election.

I just received this randomly a few days ago. She was President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors and had a bet with the developer for the Pier 39 project as to whether they would open on schedule. She lost and had to wear this to the grand opening, although it looks like hedge clippers she’s holding. The bet was actually that she’d wear a bikini.

YMLLTgKbxQpmlUc4sdHFSs5iRyG4AjksHWu5soeP6q6IjTYgyyhCRxyWlpW6re0_fNuEZJFKiLYavMH_gLdBeuwsQZISIEV_M9B4wV3o8XkIHqHXWeQ2QMNWO8Nwf7cgS7iIEmjbWoqoVbB0NfKg7vP52g=s0-d-e1-ft

Amazing, she was already 45 in 1978, older than I am now, and I wasn't born yet. What an incredibly long and storied career in politics.

She was in at least a full year too long. When someone in her cognitive and physical condition should be in a long term care facility… That is not a good circumstance.

There is a man serving rom Kentucky who is on that exact same place now.

I over heard a really, really nice family member talking to her much older parent about driving a vehicle. He had been through a whole, whole lot physically in the previous 6 months. His wife of neatly 60 years had just recently passed away.

If someone cannot operate a vehicle then maybe just maybe they should not be holding an elected office position. Or if that person has a medical power of attorney and it is active because that person can no long make their own decisions…

No matter who that person is… Take the keys.

She certainly served our country for a long time.

As a side note… What I can’t get my head wrapped around is why folks like her and many others (Grassley, McConnel, Biden, Pelosi, etc) chose to stay so long. I for one have no interest or intention of dying while I’m still working at age 90. I plan to be out at 55 doing what I want. I don’t know if it’s the power trip or the yearning to serve or something else.

Just my $
They stay because the grifting allows them to build wealth for several generations.

Apparently no respect for the dead.

Not a good reflection on those who just won’t bite their own lip and say nothing. Just too hard to shut up and say nothing when you can’t be positive.

I've always wondered how dying automatically conveys upon one respect.

In my book one starts out with a certain amount of respect due to some characteristic , office, position, stature.... then either gains or loses it based upon actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back