Scotty Kilmer: All for Catch Cans on GDI (8/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected someone to ask about it, but I do suggest you research your own vehicle as I think this oil separator arrangement is not unique to Mazda. Even my 89 Honda Accord has an oil separator chamber between the crankcase and PCV valve that always kept the valve itself and the intake tract clean.

If you are looking to Scotty Kilmer for education in things automotive, well then you probably rode the short bus to school. He is more entertainment than anything else.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Just say "No" to Scotty Kilmer videos. Save your ears and sanity!

rev your engines, I am a Toyota schill LOL

watched a few of his videos and laughed.

Just say "No" to Scotty Kilmer videos. Save your ears and sanity!

Yea I can't look at that dumb moron without wanting to barf and pull my hair. I'll pass.

I had an oil catch can on one of my Mazda RX-8's and it did collect fluid and kept the intake tube from having a puddle of oil inside.

Now Engineering Explained is a channel I quite enjoy. Clear, scientific, and presented well.

+1. That young man is bright and informative.

I run a catch can on my 2014 Mustang GT, my fiancee's 2007 Mustang GT, and her 2017 F150 with the 5.0.

What first got me interested in catch cans was when my fiancee's 07 GT was starting to smoke on startup with low mileage on it. I went to the Mustang forums to ask some questions and a few people said to check the line going to the intake from the PCV valve and see how much oil was inside the fittings at the ends of the lines since this engine(4.6L) would pull a lot of oil into the intake. They said to install a catch can to stop the the smoking. I installed one and it quit smoking on start up. The PCV line on her car was soaked with oil.

I did the same thing in my 14 GT when I first bought it. My PCV line also had a lot of oil in it. Who knows if it extends engine life but it can't hurt anything.

Originally Posted by Touring5
Now Engineering Explained is a channel I quite enjoy. Clear, scientific, and presented well.

+1. That young man is bright and informative.

Anyone else think he looks like Beto O'Rourke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back