Rotella T Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a friend from Michigan call tonight and said that there are many engine failures caused by a bad batch of Rotella T 15-40 up in his area...anybody hear this??? The oil was made after Jan 04...
gr_eek2.gif

Moving to: Car And Truck Lubrication » Light Duty Diesel Engine Oils
quote:

it was moved over here by some unknown force...that is greater then I...

Luke,Who's yer daddy?,darth
lol.gif

This is second hand info for me..my friend has a friend who owns a construction business..he buys the Rotella T in bulk and has used it for years..so he calls my friend about a week ago and tells him to not use his bulk oil in his Cummins cause he seized a motor and that other people in his business have had the same problem..it seems the defective oil was delivered to the North Midwest only...so I told my friend that if anyone would know, it would be you guys ...so..here I am...anybody heard about this???

If it's bulk oil then there could have been a problem with the tanker, probably got contaminated somehow and nothing to do with the Rotella T itself.

I just got off of the phone with our Regional Tech Manager in Chicago and he talked with his boss in Houston. No one has heard of any problems with any Rotella T 15W40 in Michigan or anywhere else.

Or the bulk oil in the tank truck was a different product with Rotella paperwork, or a dirty tank truck, or some other local problem.

I got an order of a specially blended Chevron turbine oil in drums one time. It was the right label on the drums, right paperwork, and looked and smelled like the right oil. A couple of days later a Chevron rep came by, told us that it was the wrong stuff, took all the oil we'd mixed in our storage tank, and gave us a complete replacement with the right stuff. In that case it was Chevron's fault, and replacing the oil cost them much less than mechanical failure would cost. If there was really something wrong with that bulk shipment of Rotella, the reason needs to be found.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back