Risks in buying low mileage car that sat for 3 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was garage kept I wouldn't think twice about it, modern rubbers don't deteriorate like the old days. Some model specific trim pieces might be tough to find, but they'll popup on eBay. Anything needed to keep it running down the road will be readily available.

When I had the auctions, it seems like every Lincoln from that era needed the air suspension redone. That would be my only concern.

I don't think our Solstice has been driven in at least six years. I don't recall the '04 Jag being driven in at least two years. I don't expect any problem with either if I went to drive one today.

Except for known problems on particular models, it's a non issue with modern cars.

This is Miami, Ft Lauderdale, West Palm Beach area. Alot of retirees. Alot of Seniors die here and there is an abundance of Buicks, Lincolns, Oldsmobile and other old-fogey sedans.

And not a very high demand for them here used so the prices are low. That white one has been sitting for sale for 30 days, the guy woulf probably acccept 1500. Its a great deal for a nice sofa on wheels and mpg is pretty decent on the LeSabre

A lot of those Florida winter people summer up here in the northeast. I've bought a couple mint sofas with low miles that way. My best deal was back in 2001 when I bought a mint 29K mile, 1 owner 1997 Lincoln Continental for $5,000. I got 9 years and to 230K miles on that car as daily driver doing 25K miles per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back