Remington Model 710

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this question in another formula but didn't get a lot of response. Maybe because there aren't many folks over there yet who knows. Anyway does anyone owe a Remington Model 710 that the action works fine on? The reason I am asking is my nephew bought one several years ago and the action is really stiff. He took it to a well known gunsmith who said he could fix it. He suggested sending it back to Remington for repair/replacement. Just thought I would find out if this is an isolate case or a common problem with the M-710.

Griz95

What makes you say that? Just curious...Other than my nephew's rifle I don't have any experience with the 710 either. I own several Model 700's that work and shoot great.

I would have to defer some to the capable gunsmith that looked it over. If he suggested you send it back you may want to call them & see what the return procedure/policy is.

I have not owned one but the 710 is a lower end gun with a poor reputation for quality. I'm not saying it won't do the job, but owner reports are not good overall.

Thanks for the reply...I agree with you. I am not going to question a gunsmith who has 40 years of experience. I guess my nephew needs to get a hold of Remington and go from there.

Griz95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back