Recycled Synthetic Oil ThingaMcbobur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know folks have been talking about re-using oil with under a few thousand miles for lawnmower,car, truck and other uses. I built a toliet paper synthetic oil recycler out of the following:

1-6ft piece of 4inch ABS

2-4inch ABS end caps.

2-toliet paper hole cover (tylenol measuring cup)

2-rolls singleply toliet paper.

drill a couple of holes to hold the 6ft abs pipe in the air from some rafters. push the cap tightly on the end on the bottom. unravel and tightly place 2 toliet paper rolls midway. top roll and 2nd roll have the hole cover inplace. push the rolls down about 2.5 to 3ft. hang the abs pipe. pour 5qts of used synthetic oil in the top, cover with abs end cap. let drain for 24 hours....clean, clean, fresh synthetic oil for your re-use!

Good work LGM! You gotta love Yankee (or whatever you consider yourself
wink.gif
) ingenuity.

Reminds me of a friend I had in college who owned a Porsche 944 and an old Buick Skylark. He used to drain the oil from the Porsche and put it into the Buick. Seemed to run fine.

The Buick had a partially clogged radiator though, and on really hot days you had to run the heater at full blast at stop lights. There you were, no air conditioning and you weren't moving, with it 90 degrees outside with the heat on full tilt.

Ah, those were the days.

Gary, I guess that I would consider myself to be a mix of American,Redneck,Conservative,little (dab) of Liberal Do it Your-selfer type of Guy.

I really think this synthetic oil can be cleaned and reused in other engines...even if lawnmower types. It's the fighten Irish coming out in me
lol.gif
and I rarely drink
cheers.gif

LargeCarMan,

If your oil still has life in it, why not leave it in the car? Do you think that your filtration is inadequate? Do you intend to put any of the TP oil back into the car? Or, do you utilize some sort of engine "class/cast system" with a superimposed "hand-me-down" recycling plan?

Wait a minute..

TP will filter the black out of filthy oil returning it to a clean state? As in, gold? Orwhatever new oil is? So why NOT add VSOT or some kind of ad pack to it and reuse it? Acids? Fuel?

Seriously?
shocked.gif

I have a friend who just started using Amsoil and was paronoid with going too long. I told him I would take the oil off his hands rather than dump it.I filtered it, mixed it with some more Amsoil and am running it in an old car that I drive a few times a week to work. The car has bad valve stem seals so it uses a 1/2 qt here and there. I put a bypass filter on it and just keep running it and adding oil until it gives up the Ghost....but she keeps running! In the Winter I add 30wt. in the Summer I add 40wt...a never need to drain vehicle. The TP does not turn the oil gold, but cleans it up nicely. LOL

Have you considered the rope method of cleaning oil? The only problem is that it leaves both "dirt" and additives behind so that you end up with clean oil and nothing else, (just like a bottle of API SA). I wonder if your TP filter filters out the additives as well. Just a thought.

I don't have any pictures of this set-up and I hope that additives are not taken out with the TP. If that was the case, Motorguard would be out of business. I have heard of the rope method, interesting topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back