Recommend me a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Out of curiosity how are the Kia vehicles nowadays?
Nobody recommended a Kia. You can get one for new in your price range. Prepare for disappointment if you get one.

What's the reason to be disappointed though?

It's a Kia?

Plus if you changed your name to Kia Man, we'd all think you were dead.

I said this in another thread......

If were shopping for a new or newish 4 door 4cyl, I would a Ford Fusion 4cyl N/A. Too many people I know have had great service from them. Not to mentioned the people on this board with over 200K on theirs.

Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Elantra GT/Sport
Scion Tc
Mazda 3

There's a 2014 Mustang V6 in my area on AutoTrader that's under $15k and a manual.

I'd be looking for a Civic, Mazda 3 or 6, or Ford Fusion. All of these cars are available in a stick in your price range and are reliable.

Try and avoid first model years too.

Last edited:
IIRC the history here correctly, I would suggest a different tact.

Go to dealerrater.com
Search dealers around you
Whatever one has the best service ratings, go buy one of their primary marque - do not mess with it...

I’d much rather have my used car than someone else’s (meaning a used car is a pig in a poke, at least you know yours).

That said even though your 15,000 budget and manual transmission requirement are somewhat limiting, there are still a number of cars that fit in your requirements, many of them already listed here.

If you can stretch the budget - New Honda Civic Sport or Golf 1.8T Wolfsburg...

Are the vw's even reliable? Feel like that might be as sketchy as the dart.

Are the vw's even reliable? Feel like that might be as sketchy as the dart.
to answer your question, stay away from any German brand if you are worried about reliability
Especially out of warranty

I drove a couple kias. Honestly the forte isn't bad but it reminds you it's a cheap cars the soul however I was impressed. Besides its frumpy looks it has a lot to offer in the form of practicality.

I drove a couple kias. Honestly the forte isn't bad but it reminds you it's a cheap cars the soul however I was impressed. Besides its frumpy looks it has a lot to offer in the form of practicality.

How many cars have you purchased since you first showed up on this forum?

Oh my God; I am turning in to PopRivit :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
How many cars have you purchased since you first showed up on this forum?

To many! I want a reliable car that I can't keep a long time I can't believe how difficult that appears to be.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

Don't even mention his name. It sickitates me.

I drove a couple kias. ...the soul however I was impressed. Besides its frumpy looks it has a lot to offer in the form of practicality.

They where sold cheap and the advantage is you just open any cars selling website (autotrader, cars, etc)

and look at the pictures how they look at various mileage, including exterior color and interiors after 2-3 years of ownership....

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Out of curiosity how are the Kia vehicles nowadays?

I work with a guy who used to be a Kia mechanic. Kia corporate used to only sell parts/ answer phones 4 days a week so they could catch up on back orders.

They STILL do this. It is extremely aggravating.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Corolla S with a standard tranny.

Actually a VERY good recommendation.

A teacher at my work has a newer one (2016 maybe?). It is pretty nice inside and she says it is fun to drive. She traded in her 2003 BMW E46 for it. It doesn't look all that bad either except the color (it's bright purple).

If one really cared about reliable transportation and getting the life in order, I am sure that person can pick up a cheap and reliable vehicle and would be in a position to hold long term employment and not get in to usual stuff such as drinking and drugs etc. Mind you, I am not implying any person here checks all of those negative factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back