QSUD vs M1 Extended performance

Menards has Quaker State UD on sale plus their 11% rebate. How does this compare to M1 Extended performance? During the winter we put about 6500 miles on our 3.5L Explorer, my fall oil change I have been using M1 EP. During the summer we only put 3500 on the EX but we live elsewhere in the winter and I don't have the ability to change the oil myself. The oil change in the spring I use whatever full synthetic I find on sale. It may be M1 or Pennzoil or even Kirkland. The winter miles while its 6500 that includes a round trip of about 3000 miles going cross country on I-80 so the miles are pretty easy and the 6500 in total has few short trips. Would QSUD be ok for the winter leg? Explorer has 105,000 miles, runs perfect and uses 0 oil between changes.

Menards has Quaker State UD on sale plus their 11% rebate. How does this compare to M1 Extended performance? During the winter we put about 6500 miles on our 3.5L Explorer, my fall oil change I have been using M1 EP. During the summer we only put 3500 on the EX but we live elsewhere in the winter and I don't have the ability to change the oil myself. The oil change in the spring I use whatever full synthetic I find on sale. It may be M1 or Pennzoil or even Kirkland. The winter miles while its 6500 that includes a round trip of about 3000 miles going cross country on I-80 so the miles are pretty easy and the 6500 in total has few short trips. Would QSUD be ok for the winter leg? Explorer has 105,000 miles, runs perfect and uses 0 oil between changes.
QSUD is fine, especially when it’s cheaper. If they’re the same price, M1 EP is likely the better oil.

Either one will work just fine if you maintain the proper level and change it regularly. High quality air and oil filters will help as well.

Either oil , winter , spring summer ,fall and winter will allow the engine to out last your ownership of the vehicle and probably the next owners.

How do they compare? I’d say Mobil1 EP would be the better oil, it’s Mobil1’s top shelf oil, whereas Quaker State UD is not (for Shell). Having said that, Quaker State is a good value/solid oil.

Back