Need some advice regarding Subaru

I forgot to mention because my wife is a short tripper also and she does 1-2 trips a week of 25 miles, I’ll change the oil between 4-5000 miles……yes

The last two M1 EP OCIs I employed had great oil analysis done at 15k miles but that was when I was driving 400+ miles a day 7 days per week for a medical delivery service and I just didn’t trust the grease the grease monkeys to touch the car and didn’t have time and energy to donut myself or go sit and wait for a qualified person to do it at a reputable shop. So 15k OCI with M1 filter.

I just posted my 50k mile oil change analysis running M1 0W-20 AFE in the UOA section if anyone wants to check it out.

Looks pretty good to me but it got filled with the standard M1 5W-20 this time out of curiosity.

We took a 2019 Crosstrek from MIL, it has 18000 miles and the oil was changed at the dealer. The miles are all short trips, and it’s a GDI with from what a read fuel dilution.
Do I A use regular 10k 0w20 oil like QSUD, Pennzoil PP, or ST store brand for 4000 miles or
B. Use 20k EP oil 5w30 and do 6000 mile oil change.

2nd question regards CVT, last one I had blew up. At 30k miles is spill and fill ok or do I need full fluid replacement?
Thanks
Use the oil viscosity that is on the oil cap and it will be fine.

Back