QSUD 0W20 availability & some other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying to jump on the $20 rebate deal at Walmart. End up buying a 5qt jug 5W20. Was actually trying to buy a 0W20 if they carry.
I have several questions:
1) Do QSUD 0W20 come in 5qt jug at all?
2) If they do, does Walmart carry it? (I know it can be a regional thing)
3) Compare QSUD 0W20 to M1 AFE 0W20, what do you guys thing?
4) I don't drive the Acura RDX which requires HTO-06 spec oil, which PP 5W30 is, but QSUD 5W30 is not. Does it mean that QSUD 5W30 is "inferior" to PP 5W30? Or is it just PP applied for the test but QS didn't, or it's just a marketing thing because they are both owned by the same company?

Apologize in advance if some of these questions have been answered before.
Happy long weekend!
smile.gif

Last edited:
1,2. Don't think so.
3. The QSUD 0W-20 is the same as PP 0W-20 which is somewhat lighter than M1 0W-20 except at extreme cold temp's. So yes for the Honda I'd prefer it to M1.
4. Your guess is as good as mine but I wouldn't sweat it in a conservatively driven vehicle.

Originally Posted By: lemonade
4) I don't drive the Acura RDX which requires HTO-06 spec oil, which PP 5W30 is, but QSUD 5W30 is not.

I have a jug of QSUD 5w30 and it states in the back that it meets or exceeds Honda HTO-6, among the usual other cert including GM 4718M. Perhaps the quart bottles don't say this?

I am just going to chip in to this. All of the answers CATERHAM gave are right on but the little wiggle-room for debate in question #4 if QSUD 5w30 is on par or not with PP 5w30 has "me wheels spinning".

I really think if you look at QSUD 5w30 and the general make up of the basestock from the few clues we have from the MSDS, shows QS has a very good formula. It is dexos1 certified and the only difference besides a slightly higher VI in QSUD 5w30 (which is a good thing) is the add pack. I would use QSUD with as much confidence as PP. I think it may even be a slightly better oil. I don't think you can go wrong with either, so go by price.

As for the 0w20, M1 is a good oil and much easier to find so I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

QSUD 0w20 carries zero approvals. Not that I think it couldn't meet them, just that since it is such a low volume seller, Sopus probably doesn't feel it is worth paying the $$$ to get them certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back