PP or M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOPUS is based in Houston. Buying Pennzoil supports lots of American jobs.

*Shell Oil Company is the United States-based wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, a multinational "oil major" of Anglo-Dutch origins, which is amongst the largest oil companies in the world. Approximately 22,000 Shell employees are based in the U.S. The U.S. head office is in Houston, Texas.*

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Use Mobil1 if you enjoy high iron UOA's.

Word
Did you just +1 yourself?
crackmeup2.gif

grin.gif

Back when Royal Purple was an indie,it was made in Porter,Tx and their bottles were made in Schulenberg,Tx. Now that they're owned by Calumet I'm not sure what has or has not changed.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Exxon-Mobil is an American company. Shell is not. So, for example, Shell's new GTL basestocks are made in Qatar. Is XOM international in scope? Of course but when it's all said and done, the profits trickle back to Texas.

Erm, no. The profits go to the shareholders. Who can be based anywhere throughout the world.

Supporting American companies is just plain dumb. My Honda mower is "Japanese". Virtually every part says made in USA however. These days if you want to support China then by all means "buy American".

Same with CVX & XOM - on top of corporate spending - thier employees put hundreds of thousands of dollars back into the region they operate from. This money gets spent in good times and bad - if corporate taxes go the wrong way - many countries have the door open for them to move in.

Originally Posted By: DdDd
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Exxon-Mobil is an American company. Shell is not. So, for example, Shell's new GTL basestocks are made in Qatar. Is XOM international in scope? Of course but when it's all said and done, the profits trickle back to Texas.

Erm, no. The profits go to the shareholders. Who can be based anywhere throughout the world.

Supporting American companies is just plain dumb. My Honda mower is "Japanese". Virtually every part says made in USA however. These days if you want to support China then by all means "buy American".

Thank you for not making me say it.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
if corporate taxes go ...

Lol, G.E. got a refund, meaning they made just a little more than I did, which is a pathetic amount. And they didn't. And that is just one. So yes, they will go the wrong way.

How is supporting American jobs "just plain Dumb" ? Cheap consumer goods was a deadly trade for Open borders and financing the worlds next super power. 🇨🇳 China

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
I'm debating "trying" PP 0w20 but may try M1 0w20.

What says the BITOG faithful. Would go 7,500 then UOA to see if 10k is doable

Neither.

This:

nVp-hkkTNjPH7K74KukPrAGy4W03MIyr4_Us0onXgouttxgThqvFYWnBwaH5i_vpgNvpifK0Vo7h6kp1Ezf0vmye_u0I521MuFSgJpsMvllR0fxasa9EsffDd1jjDta3cr99F_K_DjNMfi15aCYrh5U4lR4TZSKbXY_ydUlPTfNSe61I9Ht_Bk-HGtg5t_wR3z2Pfkze-xpC1z-dLxU9g4naY4tL96BvVBfA413gcR36mwdBELQ-zcHN1Q1Wn0Q3bap6KFiuHMvEHMwTZRmBgbh2WxR4YQaVcVFuvnSGInxQWbLUwOD4Nc5PCR9Nzt9eYhSGjS05HVjnN3y-z0QsV3z7r9ip55FcCyuXjUF-nNm0LER3UugMnPSNcl1CGps_27c4E2w8d4pipGqSKtwc8qi4hQxLjlTfsCi25zFvJ9nL5BmUs7QIOSE3X0wKXm7o1Vzoztsjq-9WBubVoA2NwBefyfS65wkGBgugEjrsuX8SgX28kXvI6EVz1OzfGVohznmW2tNycDjYtz-4tPfa_iFcjS6I9vBXuU1yrbkOfBEeD_rby-1blQNVF2cFxOwaK-XY-uSJJ6BpHDhgsGfUE6xHkRJsc59zrSWyxHPQf1ZHYB2yU2SdqP80Cw=w897-h758-no

Use Mobil1 if you enjoy high iron UOA's.

Which, to my knowledge, never equated to wear or engine damage.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
M1 all the way. Group IV base stock = better cold start viscosity.

Not so sure about that. I think it was said that traditional regular Mobil 1 was more group III and only Extended Performance had some Group IV. It's been debated so much on here that I truly don't know anymore what each Mobil 1 product has in it. What about Mobil 1 High mileage? I wonder if the Annual Protection is Grp IV? I would love to know the TRUE answer but I will continue to be a Mobil 1 user regardless because the products are excellent regardless of base stock being used. Group IV is not a requirement for a good oil, the additive package is more important.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
If that ain't a Mobil bottle I've never seen one.
laugh.gif

Yep. Mobil 1 makes the unicorn liquid inside but it's not Mobil 's top of the line oil. As contracts come and go, this year it's Mobil. Next year, who knows.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Not so sure about that. I think it was said that traditional regular Mobil 1 was more group III and only Extended Performance had some Group IV. It's been debated so much on here that I truly don't know anymore what each Mobil 1 product has in it. What about Mobil 1 High mileage? I wonder if the Annual Protection is Grp IV? I would love to know the TRUE answer but I will continue to be a Mobil 1 user regardless because the products are excellent regardless of base stock being used. Group IV is not a requirement for a good oil, the additive package is more important.

In 0w-20, the M1 AFE 0w-20 is like 60% PAO and the EP 0w-20 is like 80% PAO IIRC according to the MSDS data anyways which is better than nothing.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

In 0w-20, the M1 AFE 0w-20 is like 60% PAO and the EP 0w-20 is like 80% PAO IIRC according to the MSDS data anyways which is better than nothing.

Thank you and I agree. I need to go re-read the MSDS data.

Group IV is not a requirement for a good oil, the additive package is more important.

This is the truth. We split hairs a lot here, but M1 is cheap, readily available, and good quality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back