Pontiac G8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty interested in this car. But there isn't a pontiac dealership here. What's the deals they're been giving out lately?

I know this car goes for at least $30,000, but some ford dealerships have been selling brand new mustang GT's for $20,000

I need some sort of a ball park average.

I usually go look at completed listings on ebay; not active listings (because it doesn't matter what someone is asking for it) but the completed listings give a real world idea of what people are actually paying.

Go to Pontiac's website and search for the nearest dealership. Than go to their site and I'm sure there you will find the info you're looking for.

If you can get a brand new Mustang GT for 20K I would jump on it!!!

Much bigger aftermarket world for the Mustang, if your at all intrested in that as well.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
If you can get a brand new Mustang GT for 20K I would jump on it!!!

Much bigger aftermarket world for the Mustang, if your at all intrested in that as well.

Yup. The 'stang is way more mod-friendly.

Better incentives on the Mustang, but, you can never replace the utility of four doors.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Better incentives on the Mustang, but, you can never replace the utility of four doors.
wink.gif

And the G8 GXP version would wup the 'stang with all your friends inside
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
wink.gif

And the G8 GXP version would wup the 'stang with all your friends inside
grin2.gif

Yes, with it's Ford-inspired LSx
wink.gif

Of course, that's why we have the Shelby, Saleen, Roush, and massive aftermarket
wink.gif

Depending on how these hold up, a G8 GXP may be my next car, purchased used, 2-3 years old; maybe in 2011 or 2012. A guy in my hood has a red one, and it is really nice.

It's a pretty good car but is currently a sales flop for reasons unknown other than the economy and people not keen on American brand cars made in far off lands. Might even make a good police car, now that the Crown Vic is going away in a year...

Originally Posted By: BGK
It's a pretty good car but is currently a sales flop for reasons unknown other than the economy and people not keen on American brand cars made in far off lands. Might even make a good police car, now that the Crown Vic is going away in a year...

This Vic is being discontinued for CONSUMER purchase. They will continue to produce it for fleet use.

Originally Posted By: BGK

It's actually selling well, over 19,000 cars through last month:

March (of 2008) 777
April 2126
May 1831
June 1536
July 1472
August 1915
September 1651
October 1082
November 1133
December 1479
January (of 2009) 1331
February 2705

The low months of October and November were pretty much limited to cash only buyers.

Personally, I like the Holden cars. There are some things that are unique to these Australian cars in our market, but the more I own them (this is my second) the more it becomes second nature to me. I wouldn't want to drive a car without the overspeed alarm, and can't understand why all cars don't have this simple feature. The Holden's are full of nice features like this.

I will probably continue to buy Jaguars for my wife, but likely will stick with Holden/Pontiacs for myself as long as they remain available here.

I was sure looking forward to replacing my S-10 with a Ute. [censored] Wall Street!

My brother traded his 2005 TL in on one, and he loves it. He says it rides, handles and of course out acclerates the TL. His complaints are that the glove box door feels cheaper than the TL, and no optional navigation. I asked him if he would have spent $1500 for a navigation option, and he said no, yet the no navi option is his biggest complaint.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back