Peanut Butter.... Smooth or crunchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Skippy and "natural" taste horrible. Kraft crunchy all the way.

Have you tried Jif Natural? I am pleasantly surprised by it!

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Skippy and "natural" taste horrible. Kraft crunchy all the way.

Have you tried Jif Natural? I am pleasantly surprised by it!

The not easy to find (or maybe gone) Jif with chocolate... Store in the fridge, it was my food for the whole hot summer when I was renovating my house....

... of course, there is also the THIRD option, beyond peanut butter and Nutella.

Cookie Butter! (mmmmmmmm...)

A17uPYx8HhL._SY450_.jpg

Has anyone seen that show MODERN MARVELS? There was an episode about food machinery. Before the big PETER PAN salmonella scare, MM's showed a clip about peanut butter and how it's made. They went inside of a ConAgra facility and showed 2 jars going down the fill line, side by side. At the end, one jar was labeled PETER PAN, the other jar, GREAT VALUE. I ate GV for awhile, until I found out ConAgra didn't make it anymore.

It is one of the deeper questions in life. I visited the Wise Man on the top of the mountain, and he had no idea.
googlecartoon.jpg

Smuckers or Teddys smooth

It is not clear why peanut butter needs to have anything in it other than peanuts and a bit of salt.

Last edited:
Jiff crunchy.
All natural foods taste like gunk.
Give me the artificial flavor enhancers.
If I'm going to eat I want to enjoy it.

25 years ago I was a big fan of smooth peanut butter...haven't consumed any since.Tastes change over time I guess.

Aldi organic peanut butter. Just peanuts and a little bit of salt iirc. About $3 and change. They have a cheaper version with a bunch of other stuff in it that I avoid. About $1.79 for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back