Sonic has peanut butter bacon cheeseburgers

The Triple XXX Restaurant in West Lafayette, Indiana has been making them that way for decades now.

A big corporate chain ripping off a Mom and Pop restaurant.... imagine that...

Ripping it off would be making it and forcing the Mom & Pop out of business. The people in Indiana know this isn't going to happen because Sonic decided to try it out.

We had a Sonic close by that a thoroughly enjoyed, mostly the slushes and stuff. Tenant never paid his rent and the property owner shut him down. Now it's a Wawa so not a total loss.

Peanut butter on a beef patty and a shake with bacon bits in it sounds gross. It's only meant to get those moron influencers to pump it so the locations can charge double and make lots of profit. Same thing happened with the Starbucks and McDonalds special items that came out a while ago. People would pay anything to get them.

I would try it as I love peanut butter with about everything. This morning I had scrambled eggs with sundried tomatoes, cut up sausage and sharp cheddar. This was put in between two slices of sourdough slathered with peanut butter and hot sauce. One of my favorites.

I think fast food places are terrible over all. I ate a Sonic a few years ago and it was less tasty that dog cookies. Peanuts and peanut butter especially the whole peanut butter with out sugar or trans fat is tasty'

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
I love bacon and peanut butter sandwiches. I gotta find a Sonic. Not even sure if we have em on Long Island.

Just checked. There's one about fifteen minutes from my house.

I don't have a sonic. I don't think peanut butter with beef and cheese is a good match, better with chicken.

I used to make Chunky Jiff peanut butter and bacon toast-wiches.

Partially toast two slices of a hearty white bread,
then spread on a wisp of butter, then the peanut butter, and layer on the 2 or 3 slices of bacon - close it up with a toast lid and pop it back in the toaster oven till dark golden brown.

Killer!

Sounds like a weird combo, but many Americanised Asian dishes have been successfully combining peanuts with meats, like Chicken Kung Pao and Pad Thai.

Back