Sonic has peanut butter bacon cheeseburgers

Local chain restaurant has had a peanut butter bacon burger as a special menu item a few times now. I tried one maybe six or eight years ago, I remember it being pretty good but doesn't knock your socks off or anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
That’s not a combo I’d try. The last Sonic I was at was out of extreme hunger and fear of another 150 miles without a food option on our trip. I recall a gristly grilled chicken sandwich with wilted tomatoe and lettuce with a cup of mayonnaise flopped in it. Two bites was it. Ate the lukewarm greasy fries and called it lunch.

Local chain restaurant has had a peanut butter bacon burger as a special menu item a few times now. I tried one maybe six or eight years ago, I remember it being pretty good but doesn't knock your socks off or anything.

Turns out it also had jalapenos on it. But no cheese.

1704905086466.jpg

likin' the pickled jalapeno - not the raw or even roasted ones.

And why does NO ONE know how to Slice a jalapeno properly?!

The must be halved, seeds removed the julienned or bias sliced - unless you want severe gastric distress,

🤢🤮

Chunky Peanut Butter is a fine loveable food that is best eaten from the prongs of a Cocktail fork. IMO peanut butter does not belong in Ice Cream and cookies. YUCK
Local shop has a flavor that’s peanut butter ice cream, a peanut butter swirl, Reese’s Pieces, and crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter cups.
Just the right amount of peanut butter IMHO.

I have never been to a Sonic, none in my small town. I do like all the ingredients, but I'm not sure on that combination.
Would never order it, but would not mind a bite just to see how it tastes.

I do like peanut butter in ice cream or candy bars. But I don't want bacon in ice cream.

I have never been to a Sonic, none in my small town. I do like all the ingredients, but I'm not sure on that combination.
Would never order it, but would not mind a bite just to see how it tastes.

I do like peanut butter in ice cream or candy bars. But I don't want bacon in ice cream.
Sonic has good food. The first Sonic I went to was in 1974 in Warrensburg MO....

We have 3 Sonics in the county. One is (and always has been since the day it opened) terrible - opened about 2005ish. The food just doesn't taste like Sonic food at other Sonics. One of them is the best I've ever eaten at (has been at that location since before 1996. The other one is just barely ok - it's only about 5 years old.

Maybe it's like a hot soccer m - I mean, a fine wine - it just gets better with age.

About the Peanut Butter Bacon Cheeseburger​

What's Included

Peanut Butter

Cheese Slice

Bacon

Burger Bun

Burger Patty

Grilled Onions

Sounds weird. Would you try one?
Sounds like something Elvis would have taken his entourage across the country in his private jet to treat them all to one during the middle of the night.

Sounds pretty nasty. My coworker brought this up to me the other day.

I will say, Sonic is winning in the marketing department with this creation. Even if you think it's gross (like I do) it's getting A LOT of people to talk about Sonic. And those that think it sounds good might go try it even if they don't regularly go there.

I did search up reviews online and it seems they skimp on the peanut butter and some critics were disappointed by that.

I agree it sounds weird but have you ever tried a milkshake at Five Guys with bacon in it? It’s really good. Pretty sure I had a peanut butter one with bacon in it there.

As for the burger, I don’t really eat fast food anymore and when I do I will get a chicken wrap or chicken salad but id be willing to try it just for the heck of it. I bet it’s pretty tasty.

Back