Parking in handicap spots with no handicap plaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get my you know what shot off ragging on someone who parks in a handicap stall. Too many nuts out there with guns and something to prove. Park wherever you want dudes and dudettes.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

After I had my surgery and couldn't walk properly for some time, I asked but the doctor didn't agree that I needed one of those. It's not as easy as people think it is.

I went to an orthopedist for issues with my knee (pain) just trying to figure out what was wrong with it. During the initial visit the doctor asked if I needed one. I clearly don't, it bothers me but I walk fine. I don't know how hard it would have been to get one after that question. Maybe it just varies by doctor?

Originally Posted By: Wheel
Rules only stop someone who will obey them. Many parking rules go unenforced, and apparently, there's no shame in taking the spot from someone who needs it.

I say it is pretty low to take the spot from someone who needs it. Then again, maybe their handicap is not having a sense of decency.

Oh they know it isn't decent to do that....they just don't care.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Anyone that surreptitiously leaves little notes, is not going to be brave enough to do that.

Considering it's already obvious the person doesn't care about obeying laws by illegally parking in a handicap spot, what's to say the person isn't packing a weapon that he/she would also use illegally? It isn't about being brave, it's about not being stupid...

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Wheel
Rules only stop someone who will obey them. Many parking rules go unenforced, and apparently, there's no shame in taking the spot from someone who needs it.

I say it is pretty low to take the spot from someone who needs it. Then again, maybe their handicap is not having a sense of decency.

Oh they know it isn't decent to do that....they just don't care.

Bingo!

Grampi, If the right person walks up to you while you’re fiddlin with they’re wiper blade, you might be the one needing the handicapped sticker. If it bothers you so much, call the authorities. You don’t need to be a vigilante meter maid.

I mainly see people with plates or hanging signs leap out of their vehicle and spritely walk through the lot to the location.

Of course I'm sure they all just dropped their handicapped/elderly rider at the door.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Grampi, If the right person walks up to you while you’re fiddlin with they’re wiper blade, you might be the one needing the handicapped sticker. If it bothers you so much, call the authorities. You don’t need to be a vigilante meter maid.

Yep, time to call the non-emergency police number and report them...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Yep, time to call the non-emergency police number and report them...

If it's a larger city you can call the Parking Authority or similar. It's a big ticket, a few hundred dollars. And the meter maids love giving those out since the offenders are so inconsiderate by doing that.

MI drivers are the worst offenders as illustrated on the tv show, Parking Wars.

Anyone that surreptitiously leaves little notes, is not going to be brave enough to do that.

Considering it's already obvious the person doesn't care about obeying laws by illegally parking in a handicap spot, what's to say the person isn't packing a weapon that he/she would also use illegally? It isn't about being brave, it's about not being stupid...

I would argue that leaving little notes, based on an assumption, is stupid.

Assumption of what? If the person has no handicap plate or plaque, they are illegally parked.

I once had a handicapped person run up to my car and yell at me for parking in a handicapped spot as soon as I pulled into it, which happened to be adjacent to about four other empty handicapped spots. I wasn't even parking, but moving out of the way for a line of school busses. I could have a handicapped tag if I wanted to, but I choose not to. Maybe I should just get one so I can pull it out and slap people with it.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: GSCJR
I remembered this after reading your post.

That worthless hoe proved how even more stupid she is by wasting her $10 fancy lattes by throwing them at the camara man! That chick is TRULY a low class waste of skin.

What a nasty foul woman .

Assumption of what? If the person has no handicap plate or plaque, they are illegally parked.

As I already said in a prior post, they could have a placard, but forgot to hang it up.

So in that case, you would be assuming they have no right to park there, when in fact they do. But they simply forgot to hang the placard up. Any Official Parking Enforcement employee could run the plate, and find out whether they have a handicapped placard.

My suggestion is if you want to play Parking Enforcement, that you apply for the job.

It annoys me to no end but I know I might not know the full picture and I don't feel like it's my job to monitor it. I'd say something if it's really obvious maybe but I don't like getting in other people's business. I'm just glad for my health and that I don't take up handicapped spaces.

Walmart with the scooters is ridiculous, feels like a bumpercar track and every one has saddle bags (their rumps hanging off the scooter a foot on each end).

What irks me the most is how many hundreds of spots are now labeled handicapped and how many allegedly handicapped people are walking in perfectly fine under their own power.

If you don't need a wheelchair or other mobility device you should suck it up and stop getting in everybody's way. People who eat their way into diabetes don't need coddling. They need a diet and exercise in addition to medical care.

Thanks to medical privacy issues state DMVs don't have any real way to determine what "handicapped" is. As a result a lot of people get them "just because" and their doctor plays along.

Originally Posted By: DdDd

People who eat their way into diabetes don't need coddling. They need a diet and exercise in addition to medical care.

I'm glad you didn't sugar coat it, that's the last thing a 'betic needs
45801906.jpg

I found an app that you can report these offenders. Parking Mobility. You basically take a few pictures of the vehicle and submit it from the app. You take a picture of the windshield, license plate and parking sign showing the car in the handicap spot.

If they meet the qualifications, what makes ANY OF YOU the judges? The State decides who gets the privilege. If you have a problem then you need to represent yourself to your state rep, not a oil forum.

...and If I owned a high end BMW or Lambo, I sure as [censored] would park in the spaces/fire lanes. The only way you will stop the rich, the cheats, is to threaten a tow, not a fine. Some don't care, and you fine them for $250 which most are, they'll pay, that is Big Mac change to them. Require a disable tag or you will be towed, that is a better practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back