National Park Service terminates long-term contract with Aramark for services at Crater Lake National Park

I’ve never heard of it happening before, but apparent it got really bad.

Date: February 15, 2024​
The National Park Service (NPS) has provided notice to Crater Lake Hospitality, LLC, a subsidiary of Aramark, that NPS intends to terminate Crater Lake Hospitality’s contract to provide lodging, food and beverage service, retail, boat tours, and other visitor services at Crater Lake National Park and Oregon Caves National Monument and Preserve unless Crater Lake Hospitality shows cause as to why NPS should not do so.​
Termination would be an extremely rare action, and one we don’t take lightly. But consistent failures to meet contract requirements led to our notice of intent to terminate this contract to protect visitors and park resources. If NPS terminates the contract, NPS would organize an orderly discontinuation of Crater Lake Hospitality’s operations at the park and work to transition to a short-term contract with another operator to minimize impacts to visitors.​

The contract was completely transferred to ExplorUS. I believe that used to be known as Ortega Family Enterprises, which I know from when they took over the concessions at Muir Woods National Monument as well as Stow Lake (now Blue Heron Lake) in Golden Gate Park.

Hopefully service will improve

I hope so, but I was never too thrilled with ExplorUS since at least their predecessor tended to increase prices.

Aramark has been getting some criticisms. They took over the concession at Yosemite and it hasn’t been all that great. I did use their service at Olympic National Park maybe 15 years ago, but that was just a few hours at hot spring pools.

Hopefully service will improve

If service does not improve, beatings will continue!
cool1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: wlk
Back